“As solo over Atlantic”

Naval Architect
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Yes, I had the over mentioned goal when I booked my 3rd cruise with Crystal. When I saw for the first time of this cruise half a year before departure I quickly made my mind up and called to my TA. This transatlantic cruise was just what I needed after a hectic working period. "Do as much, or as little as you want". I was fixed to the latter one. From previous two cruises with Crystal I knew what was going to be ahead. Good food, good service, no need to do anything if one does not want. During a lot of sea days there must be a different program on board for all and it was good quality - if one wanted to participate. I listened couple of interesting lectures, participating music lessons (maybe too simple), afternoon teas etc. I am definitely not a person that needs lot of activities, rather quiet peaceful sojourn with relaxed music. I personally didn't mind too much of the theme of the cruise (Ballroom Dancing) but Glenn Miller's orchestra is professional. Show Lounge programs were very high quality. Only drawback was perhaps those ladies that talked during one show with each other and screamed and whistled as teenagers. Yes - this was Crystal's first "All Inclusive" voyage, but if consideration vanishes with wine, I think that those ladies were not in the right cruise ship. Weather happened to be fair or sunny during the whole cruise so there was possible to on deck outside. Even though all staterooms were booked there was plenty available deck chairs and - as one can expect from Crystal - no crowding feeling anywhere. Visit in Funchal, Madeira was arranged with no surprises, but as expected. The English of the local guide was very good and she could tell details as thoroughly as it was possible in a short time. Embarkation in Miami was smooth from arrival to terminal until embarkation on board. Early embarkation was not this time possible, but some food was arranged in terminal. Disembarkation In Lisbon went effortless. I only wonder where all suitcases should have been if it had rained. Now they were outside under the sky. For me this was a holiday as I wanted. Perhaps next time will be Transpacific in 2014.
Crystal Symphony Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

E7064
As a solo cruiser there was plenty of rooms in closet, drawers for everything. Nothing to complain.
Published 06/09/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Crystal Symphony Review
Crystal Symphony Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?