Norwegian Star Cruise Review by kboyajian: Bermuda 2012

Overall Member Rating

Bermuda 2012

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I have cruised Norwegian twice before on the Gem out of New York and they were both 5 star cruises. This cruise on the Star was a little less than 5 stars. The refurbishment is basically non-exsistent except that they have moved the Spinnaker from the beautiful ocean view area that it was in to the 7th deck aft in a very dark area. I would consider it unusable during the day. Not the same type of environment as it used to be. There were also no deck chairs on deck seven if you just wanted to sit outside but not near the pool, which ran out of deck chairs by 9:00 am as well.

Norwegian moved the Spinnaker to add cabins, however, it seems that the ship is a little more crowded and that the public areas cannot handle the increase passenger count. They should have left this ship alone and left the Spinnaker where it was.

We were in a mini suite on deck 11 port side and the roof leaked into about 6 cabins, including my sister in laws. The room steward was horrible and did More not notice that the light was out in our bathroom and that the fan did not work.

Having said this however, I will still cruise Norwegian as they are very accommodating to all passengers in good times and in bad. I will probably not cruise the Star again. I will stay with the Gem or Dawn until the new Breakaway comes to New York.

Please do not discount Norwegian as they are the best cruise line for all us Freestylers and if there is a problem, just let someone know.

Thanks Less

Published 06/09/12

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Bermuda Cruises

Cabin review: MA11590 Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

We had a mid-ship mini suite which connected to our sister in laws cabin with a total of 7 adults. We had plenty of space. The sofa beds were uncomfortable, but there was plenty of storage and room for movement. Spectacular views from balcony but a little upset because they no longer open the balcony doors on connecting cabins.

Read All Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony (MA) Reviews >>

Excellent port, parking is right there at the terminal. Fast check in. !!

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Bermuda Cruises

kboyajian
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X