Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Sheart: I Felt trapped in a room with sonic sound and vibrations

Sheart
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Brilliance of the Seas Baltic Sea Cruises

I Felt trapped in a room with sonic sound and vibrations

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Other

NEVER book room 9050. Neither my agency nor their website had any flags that this room has an obstructed balcony.

NEVER book room 9226 - you will hear and feel the SONIC sound and vibration of basketballs being dribbled 24/7. Yes, I am serious. I asked for help in identifying the sound and basically was ignored. I PRAYED FOR RAIN EVERY SINGLE SECOND. - Rain stopped the BB Players. (Thank you God) This sound was verified by ship security around midnight on night 5, when I called Customer Services in tears. My repeated pleas for research and help with this issue were ignored by the people that make decisions. The staff were all sweet and kind, but nothing was done until day 7.

Offers were made to move me beginning on night 5---on day 6 they put me off until the night when I was exhausted.....and on day 7 I moved (long story)

Like so many corporations it is all about what they SAY - rather than what they do.

There were many, many WONDERFUL More EMPLOYEES in all areas of the ship. The food was adequate and hit and miss and often bland.

Music was always playing loudly everywhere on the ship, except in the cigar room on deck 12............the Solarium and Windjammer were constantly overflowing with people.

I had to leave my room to get away from the Basketball court, and so could not enjoy my balcony (vibrating from sound) or take a nap. If I had been in a hotel I would have checked out the first night, but I had booked 2 back to back cruises on this ship for 15 nights total.

Second half of cruise was much better, but by then I was disillusioned and exhausted.

If you have any inkling to cruise the Norwegian Fjords........DO SO. They are incredibly beautiful, serene and unique. Kayaking was a fun experience, except for the young man that flipped into 38 degree water..........what an adventure.

I will cruise again, and if I ever have a situation like I had I will certainly be highly assertive. I just felt bad for all of the front line employees trying so hard to be nice under trying circumstances.

Again. Never book room 9050 or the room above and below it, for the platform runs for 3 stories.

Also do not book the back of the ship, under the 24/7 basketball court. My room was 9226. Less

Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Brilliance of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 9 9050

9050 - large platform obstructs 25% of the balcony from top to bottom on the side the slider opens on. This is not mentioned on their website, and affects rooms on floors directly above and below. 9226 - Major Basketball noise AND vibrations 24/7. Seems to travel through the bones of the ship. 9544 - needs a little renovation, but is QUIET (except for neighbors of course) and has a lovely balcony

Fun to go to the top of the Rock with the monkeys, and the caves. You can just pick up a cab on your short walk into the little town. Locals came into town to open up their shops when the cruise ship pulled in.