Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by AZDee: Celebrity made me feel like a Princess

AZDee
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruises

Celebrity made me feel like a Princess

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

This was our first time cruising to Alaska, most of our cruising has been in Europe, so I felt comfortable taking the Light rail from the Airport to the ship. $2.75 will get you to University Station (Pike Market) and a short stroll to the pier. I had heard horror stories about Celebrities check in experience, it wasn't so bad, the hold up is they only have 2 security carry on baggage machines and people can be so slow putting their items though it causes delays, other than that it went pretty smoothly. As we enter we were welcomed with champagne and made it just at 1:15 so our room was ready...

Now let me tell you about my room, I booked a window so wasn't expecting much, turns out I was in a whole new group of rooms that had just been put in several months before during her last renovation. We had a beautiful room with a full floor to ceiling window with a love seat right next to it, so we were able to watch the beautiful Alaskan serenity right from our cozy warm room. More I love the fact that Celebrity gives you little of bottles of shampoo and cream rise rather than mystery liquid found in the dispensers in the showers of most other lines. Our bathroom was the largest and nicest I have ever had on any line.

We booked this cruise late so we were unable to have the earlier dinning, so I found myself falling asleep during dessert every night. Many shows were only available to us at 10:30p which turned out to be way too late for me. I missed out on a lot having the late dinning, next time I will just skip dinner if I can not get early dinning. Food was good, I am a caterer so I tend to critique everything they do as far as food, so let's just leave it at good. One thing I must comment on is my waiter did not speak good enough English as every night that I ate beef I would say rare and he would say well, and I would say rare and would end up with well!!! We munched a little at the buffets but as far as meals go, I prefer the dinning room, lunches were just okay in the dinning room as well as the breakfast. One thing I found as I have become a much healthier eater that you will be very limited food wise if you do not plan on eating a lot of carbs, thank goodness for their healthy little cafe at the indoor pool, ate several very good meals there. Funny side note about that Cafe, I had not seen one berry on the ship until I ate there, that's where the strawberries and raspberries are to be found... We had our famous Celebrity Brunch on Wed. and it was beautiful always a favorite.

Ports of Call...Expect to drop a lot of cash if you wish to do anything exciting. Since this was our first trip we did what we always tend to do first time visiting a location and that was the sightseeing excursions we did the package deal for like $145.00 pp for all three Alaskan Ports which was a nice way to see things without spending a lot of money.

Highlight of the trip was being invited to dine at the Captain's table on the last night. That sorta thing does just not happen to us normally, they really made us feel special and even gave me a rose at the end of the evening.

Disembarkment was very smooth we were able to stay in our cabin until our meeting time of 9:30a when we just walked off the ship with our little bag we had carried on (being used to traveling in Europe we know how to pack).

It's been almost a week since we left the ship, found myself feeling a little down until I picked up the phone and booked my next cruise. Happy Sailings Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Oceanview Stateroom Continental Deck (2) 3122

I hate to let the cat out of the bag, but here goes, at the end of Feb 2012 they took what once had been the original area for their conference rooms and turned it into a bank of ocean view rooms, these rooms have their own little tucked away hallway with rooms that offer a full round window the same size as you would find in the Dinning Room. These rooms are 3114-3144, but don't tell anyone I want to make sure they are available when I book again!

City Tour

(1)
This really was just a drive from the port to the glacier,,,

Mendenhall Glacier

(3)
Time at the Glacier was way too short not enough time to take a short hike and visit the center. Tram ride was also part of the package and that was great!

City Tour

(2)
Not a whole lot to see in this little quaint town, nice but does not require much time...

Totem Bight State Park

This one was a little underwhelming....

Scenic Drive

(4)
This was the third portion of the multi pack deal with the cruise line and the best day by far. We felt we were able to see more being in a bus that stopped alone the way up to the white pass rather than the train that hugs the side of the mountain.