Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by AZDee

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 08
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Celebrity made me feel like a Princess
This was our first time cruising to Alaska, most of our cruising has been in Europe, so I felt comfortable taking the Light rail from the Airport to the ship. $2.75 will get you to University Station (Pike Market) and a short stroll to the pier. I had heard horror stories about Celebrities check in experience, it wasn't so bad, the hold up is they only have 2 security carry on baggage machines and people can be so slow putting their items though it causes delays, other than that it went pretty smoothly. As we enter we were welcomed with champagne and made it just at 1:15 so our room was ready...

Now let me tell you about my room, I booked a window so wasn't expecting much, turns out I was in a whole new group of rooms that had just been put in several months before during her last renovation. We had a beautiful room with a full floor to ceiling window with a love seat right next to it, so we were able to watch the beautiful Alaskan serenity right from our cozy warm room. I love the fact that Celebrity gives you little of bottles of shampoo and cream rise rather than mystery liquid found in the dispensers in the showers of most other lines. Our bathroom was the largest and nicest I have ever had on any line.

We booked this cruise late so we were unable to have the earlier dinning, so I found myself falling asleep during dessert every night. Many shows were only available to us at 10:30p which turned out to be way too late for me. I missed out on a lot having the late dinning, next time I will just skip dinner if I can not get early dinning. Food was good, I am a caterer so I tend to critique everything they do as far as food, so let's just leave it at good. One thing I must comment on is my waiter did not speak good enough English as every night that I ate beef I would say rare and he would say well, and I would say rare and would end up with well!!! We munched a little at the buffets but as far as meals go, I prefer the dinning room, lunches were just okay in the dinning room as well as the breakfast. One thing I found as I have become a much healthier eater that you will be very limited food wise if you do not plan on eating a lot of carbs, thank goodness for their healthy little cafe at the indoor pool, ate several very good meals there. Funny side note about that Cafe, I had not seen one berry on the ship until I ate there, that's where the strawberries and raspberries are to be found... We had our famous Celebrity Brunch on Wed. and it was beautiful always a favorite.

Ports of Call...Expect to drop a lot of cash if you wish to do anything exciting. Since this was our first trip we did what we always tend to do first time visiting a location and that was the sightseeing excursions we did the package deal for like $145.00 pp for all three Alaskan Ports which was a nice way to see things without spending a lot of money.

Highlight of the trip was being invited to dine at the Captain's table on the last night. That sorta thing does just not happen to us normally, they really made us feel special and even gave me a rose at the end of the evening.

Disembarkment was very smooth we were able to stay in our cabin until our meeting time of 9:30a when we just walked off the ship with our little bag we had carried on (being used to traveling in Europe we know how to pack).

It's been almost a week since we left the ship, found myself feeling a little down until I picked up the phone and booked my next cruise. Happy Sailings

Publication Date: 06/09/12