Thomson Dream Cruise Review by mable28

Member Name: mable28
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Good time on Thomson Dream!
We have just returned from a cruise on the Thomson dream,we did the treasures of the mediterranean.

We flew from East Midlands the flights were on time.Embarkation was quick and efficient.We were impressed with the way an old lady with walking issues was dealt with really quickly,she was taken straight to the front given a seat and was on the ship in no time.

Our cabin was very clean comfortable with a huge bed.Cabin service was very good although we didn't get our beds turned back until the second evening.Apart from that we had excellent cabin service everyday.

The ship its self ok is a little tired and maybe doesn't have the wow factor of the larger ships but dream is i believe going in for a refurb shortly and to be fair not before time but still we had a fab time aboard.

The food was really nice with lots of choice particularly in the Orion.The Lido does tend to get very full with queues forming at busy times but they go down very quickly.I f I had a criticism of the food it would be the sweets there wasn't always an awful lot of choice in the buffet restaurants.

There was a midnight buffet which was quite impressive ,set around the swimming pool.It was well worth a photo or two.Afternoon tea is really nice.It can be taken in the Sirens restaurant or served with white gloves in the Argo lounge.Beware the Argo lounge is a little bit waiting for god and anyone under 70 can be made to feel a bit unwelcome.We sat across from a couple who seemed to take immediate exception to us although the husband was sitting with enormous headphones on snoring away whilst his wife very straight faced sat reading giving us the odd glare!.

The entertainment team were enormously talented in the theatre in both dance and their vocal ability.I am reliably informed that the entertainment on Thomson ships is of a very high standard I would have to agree.Also the staff have talent night is not to be missed!.

The waiters are extremely friendly and helpful the level of service on this ship is second to none.

The ports are interesting with many options of things to see at each one.Some of the trips are a bit overpriced but never the less are usually worth doing.Villefranche is exceptionally beautiful from here you can easily make your own way into both Monte Carlo or nice for a few euros on the train.Although Villefranche is gorgeous as a place in its self.

we did a cruise and stay.The first week a cruise then a stay at one of the hotels selected by Thomson.We stayed at The Son Baulo hotel in Can Picafort.The hotels was in a lovely position right on the beach our room had a beautiful sea view.One word of warning though lots of children are at this hotel so if you don't like babies crying it probably isn't for you,also the food isn't great.All in all if I did this again I would choose an adult only 4 or 5 star!.Otherwise the drop in standard from the ship can be a bit of a shock to the system.

I don't dislike children far from it I've worked with them for years but if your thinking of taking very young children on a cruise don't! there is very little for them on Thomson ships.If you must I would advise something like Royal Caribbean which I know has far more for them.

I would do another Thomson cruise as I like the entertainment and the high level of service.They also are not to stuffy which I have heard some of the other ships to be.If your booked on to Dream I am sure you will have a lovely holiday that wont disappoint. I for one will most certainly be returning.

Publication Date: 06/09/12