Carnival Glory Cruise Review by jdotter

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Norfolk
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4C
See More About: Carnival Glory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Glory out of Norfolk, VA
When we got in line, the cruise did not start boarding until 1:30 PM on Sunday. The line was long and it was a hot day but the excitement seemed to make the time go by fast. It took about an hour and a half and we were dropping our bags off in our room. The muster drill was long and drawn out. We were packed 5 deep and at least 3 people around us passed out due to the cluttered mess. The Muster drill took about 30 min.

The first night we went to the steakhouse (FREE BOTTLE OF WINE) and paid $30 a person. The food was one of the best meals I can remember. Would have easily paid twice the amount. Ship was very nice, and room steward was friendly (only for the first few days, even after we tipped her everyday). Food for lunch was great all around. Smoking on one half of the ship was ok (we are smokers) and never really had a problem finding a table to smoke at.

There were two downfalls for this trip. First the itinerary changed and we were only in Freeport for 6 hours (7am-1pm). We loved what we saw just wished we were there longer. The second problem we had will probably make us choose a new line. The food in the Main dining room was HORRIBLE! We went twice and could not take it anymore. I ordered Bow Ties with Alfredo sauce and roasted turkey breast. The noodles were not cooked and the "Roasted turkey breast" was a slice of deli meat. The second night we went was elegant night (had a guy with flip flops and a hat on sideways next to us) and we ordered the lobster and prime rib. Lobster was over cooked and couldn't even cut through it with my knife, and my medium rare prime rib was well done, tough, and they put gravy on it. Now I am not snobby and being a veteran of two wars I know bad food, but if I was anywhere else I would have sent the food back and refused to pay. Everything else on the ship was great. Very friendly staff, movie under the stars was great, and the rest of the foods were very good.

Publication Date: 06/08/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by jdotter
More Carnival Glory Cruise Reviews