“Carnival Glory out of Norfolk, VA”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

jdotter Carnival Glory 4 Carnival Glory out of Norfolk, VA
jdotter
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
When we got in line, the cruise did not start boarding until 1:30 PM on Sunday. The line was long and it was a hot day but the excitement seemed to make the time go by fast. It took about an hour and a half and we were dropping our bags off in our room. The muster drill was long and drawn out. We were packed 5 deep and at least 3 people around us passed out due to the cluttered mess. The Muster drill took about 30 min. The first night we went to the steakhouse (FREE BOTTLE OF WINE) and paid $30 a person. The food was one of the best meals I can remember. Would have easily paid twice the amount. Ship was very nice, and room steward was friendly (only for the first few days, even after we tipped her everyday). Food for lunch was great all around. Smoking on one half of the ship was ok (we are smokers) and never really had a problem finding a table to smoke at. There were two downfalls for this trip. First the itinerary changed and we were only in Freeport for 6 hours (7am-1pm). We loved what we saw just wished we were there longer. The second problem we had will probably make us choose a new line. The food in the Main dining room was HORRIBLE! We went twice and could not take it anymore. I ordered Bow Ties with Alfredo sauce and roasted turkey breast. The noodles were not cooked and the "Roasted turkey breast" was a slice of deli meat. The second night we went was elegant night (had a guy with flip flops and a hat on sideways next to us) and we ordered the lobster and prime rib. Lobster was over cooked and couldn't even cut through it with my knife, and my medium rare prime rib was well done, tough, and they put gravy on it. Now I am not snobby and being a veteran of two wars I know bad food, but if I was anywhere else I would have sent the food back and refused to pay. Everything else on the ship was great. Very friendly staff, movie under the stars was great, and the rest of the foods were very good.
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4C2261
Our cabin was #2261. Was a nice inside cabin with no problems. Little tight but the two of us didn't have any problems with space for luggage and to move.

Port
Loved everything about freeport, just wished we had more time to venture out. We went to the markets by taxi ($20 for 2 people round trip). It took about 15 min to get to the outdoor shopping next to the resort (casino). Loved everything about this port and people were extremely friendly! Would love to go back here and see the beach (which is free!)
Read 1,075 Freeport Reviews
Beach Break
Atlantis was nice. Very good beaches. A LOT OF $$$. Was $250 for 2 people to use the beach and water park (for 6 hours). Drinks ranged from $9 a beer to $15 for a mixed drink. Food was also pricey. Good casino, aquarium was decent. Art work and building were great.
Published 06/08/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?