Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Jvacationgirl

Norwegian Star
Norwegian Star
Member Name: Jvacationgirl
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

Wonderful vacation with friends and family
Let me start out by saying that I have cruised with Norwegian three times and have had great cruises each time. This cruise was a little different. We went with family and friends. The first two cruises were just my husband and I. I'll start out with the food. It's not bad but by the end of the cruise you are really sick of it. The food is kinda bland and the desserts always look much better then they taste. The Italian restaurant was good. I would say try eating off the boat when your in port so that you don't get tired of the same old food. We got a balcony room for the first time. We had ocean view the last to cruises and were really excited about having a balcony. The floor of the balcony looked like it was disintegrating and the glass was completely filthy and stayed that way the whole cruise. Our linens had staines on them it was kinda gross. We had the same problem on the Dawn.

The ship itself is old but they do keep it clean and the staff on this boat was the best we have ever had. They made you feel like family and seemed to really like their job. The shows were ok. Liked second city and the 70s show. Liked the dj at the pool too.

Our one and only stop was Bermuda. It was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Very clean and friendly. I would suggest getting the bus and ferry pass for 28.00. Saves you money and is really convenient and easy to navigate. We went to crystal caves. Really cool, also you have to get to horshoe bay, although it is the most touristy beach it is also the most beautiful. Walk the whole beach, through Warwick and elbow beach. It's amazing. Tobacco bay is really cool too. All in all a wonderful vacation and everybody had fun. I would highly recommend going to Bermuda. I just may go on a newer ship next time.

Publication Date: 06/08/12