Carnival Legend 1

“Save your money and cruise Royal Caribbean instead! ”
Cruise review of Carnival Legend

FamilyOfThree527
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

The Carnival Legend -
Upon getting into our room, the bathroom was FILTHY. Had someone else's hair all over the shelves. The toilet seat was WET and the shower had an odd smell. The bathroom sink made gurgling noises for the entire seven day cruise. Yes, gurgling. Horrible sound.

I had paid for an extended stateroom, but because of some Carnival.com glitch, I ended up with a regular balcony. An issue that "Guest Services" wouldn't resolve OR provide me credit or compensation for during the sail.

The food was mediocre AT BEST. Most nights, we stuck with the buffet, because the food in the dining room was horrible. We ate a lot of fruit. Not family friendly food. Even the "mac n cheese"? Was covered in Bacon, chicken and some white cream sauce. Really?

The staff at the bar was rude, and paid more attention to the pretty young girls at the bar than other customers.

Everything was an "extra charge". Be prepared if you go on this More cruise...to pay for EVERYTHING. The water? $4 per bottle. The lanyards (complimentary on every other cruise we've been on) $10 each with Carnival. Laser tag with the kids? $5 per kid, per 5 minutes. The BINGO game for "families" $20 per card, per game. So, if your family of 4 wants to play BINGO? It's $80. Unacceptable. And this is only the beginning. Every time we turned around there were "additional service charges.

The staff constantly complains TO US, AS GUESTS how hard they are worked, how few breaks they get and how WE are lucky they're awake at all. My daughter asked a question of a staff member and she informed my daughter in a horribly rude tone that she was interrupting the ONLY break she'd had in 12 hours. My daughter, who had no idea why this woman was yelling at her, cried. I mean, THIS is customer service?

We will NEVER cruise Carnival again.
And if you value a good cruising experience, neither will you. Less

Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8A
Needs to be completely redone and renovated.

Belize City...skip the city and go on an excursion. We did the Ziplining and Cave excursion. It was fun, but really hot and we were the last bus to tender back to the boat. Belize City is not what you'd expect, and the area is unsafe and not somewhere I'd walk around - with or without kids.

Aqua Twister
If you want to be completely soaked within 5 minutes of leaving the boat, get water in your ears, nose and eyes, go on this excursion. The island was awesome. Beautiful, kind and helpful staff. Food was great. Drinks are watered down and AWFUL. Take a ferry, get there a little slower...but dry and happy. My kids both hated this excursion and were in tears by the time we got to the shore.

When I die, I want to go to Grand Cayman and go snorkeling again.

Beautiful, absolutely lovely.

Published 06/08/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review

Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?