Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Rogueperson

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Rogueperson
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Paradise
Member Name: Rogueperson
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 4F
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Short and sweet.
This is my 3rd Carnival Cruise and I've come to the conclusion that shorter cruises are drunken spectacles. I'm too old for this, but it was still a lot of fun. I'm going to break down the parts that I experienced and rate them.

Food.

This is my main reason for cruising. The food on this ship was on par with my other cruise experience with the exception of one point. They didn't have escargot. All of my other cruises had that at one point in the meal for dinner, but not this one. Not a big deal. Otherwise, the food at the main dining room was very good for the most part. This cruise offered sushi, but unfortunately, it was horrid. Sushi and cruises have not gone together well in my experience, but then again, sushi is very finicky, and needs to be ultra fresh, which cruises cannot do. In fact, I generally avoid fish altogether on cruises. The buffet was decent, and I particularly liked the mongolian grill.

Activities.

I found this slightly below par here. The night life was excellent. Between Karaoke and the absolutely funny comedian, the evenings did not lack any fun. However, during the day, I found their activities sparse to nonexistent. Considering this cruise had 2 sea days which i love, I found it to be a little disappointing. The shows, I found to be a little lacking and not making any sense. There was a country western show, that, didn't really do anything for me. The retro show, seemed to be all over the place and made no sense. It seemed like the show was made up of pieces they've put together in other shows, throw them together, and produce an "original" piece.

Service.

My room steward was a ninja. Never seen, but he did the job. However, he did interrupt me several times during the cruise, which i don't fault him. The service at the dining room was good, but a little slow warming up. I've been on cruises where the dining room staff was on the ball on day 1. However, it took a little longer for this dining room staff to warm up. And considering it was a short cruise, they could have done better, but overall, they were still good.

Ship Public areas.

The age of the ship really shows. There were amenities that I expected, that wasn't available. The one I noticed, was there was no movie theater. I've seen ships convert their show auditorium into the theater, or have the movie under the stars. This ship did not have either.

Overall.

It was a fun cruise. This midsize ship was perfect as it hit the sweet spot of population. It was crowded enough to diverse, but small enough to get to know your fellow cruisers and see them multiple times throughout the short cruise. I would probably not travel to do this ship again, as I feel shorter cruises do not give cruising justice, but this was an absolutely wonderful cruise. I would definitely do Carnival again.

Publication Date: 06/08/12