Pros and Cons on the Summit: Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by GM2
Overall Member Rating
Pros and Cons on the Summit
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
- Great embarkation and disembarkation process. Smooth, painless. Plenty of space for car drop off/pick up
- Ship appeared to be in relatively good shape. Looks renovated, but no "wow "effect
- The cafe offered many options for breakfast and lunch. Be sure to take advantage of the breakfast options located in the back of the cafe ( poached eggs/ waffles/pancakes). We didn't discover it until our 3rd day on board
- The Kids program was fantastic! The counselors are amazing- Javier, Natalie.. just to name a few. My son wanted to go every day. Definitely a service to take advantage of if you're traveling with children
- The band that plays poolside and in the Revelations night club are AMAZING. the female lead singer... she can sing anything. I will always remember her beautiful voice as we danced poolside and evenings at the club.
- Ice cream stations are a great treat in More afternoon
- Bermuda is amazingly beautiful. Buy the 2 or 3 day pass for the city bus, which for a fraction of the cost will take you to the top 3 attractions: Horseshoe Bay, Crystal Caves, and a must ... Elbow Beach
- Spa- highly recommend the Seaweed wrap and head massage and swedish massages. Careful not to tip extra- it's already included-
Martini Bar- be there around 7:30-8:30 when they do the martini show. It's pretty amazing. Great bartendar from Jamaica who is fast and so friendly.
- Not much to do in Bermuda in the evening hours. Best to head back to ship- a lot more action going on.
- Service was ok, not the service I recall Celebrity offered just 6 years ago. There was one Maitre D'in particular, who worked mornings in the cafe who was particularly sarcastic, and had a non-genuine approach to service
- We had an issue with the MDR seating assignment, and were asked to leave our table if we wanted to discuss with Maitre D'. We refused, felt he should come to us. We wound up staying and having good service from Attila and Sutmar, and Inez the wine steward.
- Qzine. Great service and ambiance but as a seasoned New Yorker used to fabulous cuisine, i was very dissapointed with the food. The cold soups were awful. More Hype than it's worth. Tip: skip and try another restaurant
- Billing.... be very careful. We had an unacceptable amount of errors and wrong charges on our bills, and they don't even slip your final bill like they used to under your door- you have to ask for it. Tip: DO not use a debit card, as they charged me twice on my card, and now I have to wait for that hold to release in 5 business days. ATM on board charges $ 6 fee for cash.
- Read the restrictions carefully on these beverage packages. Unless you plan on drinking a large amount of the same every single day, it's not cheap, and too restrictive.
- Bermuda is costly!!!!Have plenty of cash when in Bermuda. Renting umbrellas, chairs, and lunch on the beaches can be very, very costly. Bus pass must be paid in cash
-Great recommendation from past guest to bring a power strip, as they only have 2 outlets in room. A must.
- Reserve a room with a window. you'll know if it's raining, and not have to leave your cabin so early to secure a chaise by the pool :)Overall we enjoyed our cruise, with Bermuda and the beauty of that island being the highlight. Less
INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST L...
Loved the Norwegian Breakaway!...
Not a great value anymore
First Time Celebrity cruiser.....
5 Day Summit Caribbean