“Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise from New York”
Cruise review of Disney Magic

NYGirl1002 Disney Magic 5 Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise from New York
NYGirl1002
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I love when a plan comes together. I had planned this cruise for my daughter and I the minute I heard Disney was going to be sailing from New York. I picked May as it was my daughter's birthday and what better way to celebrate. Last year I mentioned it to my cousin and niece and they decided to join us. My TA was able to get us rooms side by side so it worked out perfectly. Embarkation was easy. We were told to arrive close to the boarding time assigned to us during our online check in so we arrived around 11:30 - noon for a 1:30 boarding. Check in was easy and we were given Zone 12 boarding. I believe they were up to 8. By 1:00 we were onboard and able to put our carryons into our cabins as there were no disembarking guests. We went to the buffet in Parrot's Cay and had a wonderful, quiet lunch. Our dining rotation was Lumiere, Animator's, Parrot Cay. We had a wonderful serving staff with Luis as Head Server, Adrien as Server and Ligia as Assistant Server. We enjoyed conversing with them each evening and learning about their families. I believe we had the best Room Host on the whole ship, Loyd. I really wanted to take him home with us. Each passenger also gets to attend a character breakfast/brunch. The cruise staff was wonderful and very entertaining. They worked very hard as they were also putting on shows up at the pool area with the characters. I never saw a cruise staff that danced so much. They ran the usual games and were very visible around the ship.The entertainment is definitely where Disney is head and shoulders above the rest. The shows in the theater were definitely Broadway quality and the juggler, comedians and ventriloquist were so entertaining and funny. The best entertainment I've ever seen on a cruise ship. The ports were good. I have been to Nassau before but not Atlantis so we did that excursion. Very nice. Castaway Cay blows all of the private islands away. It's beautiful, the sand is powdery and the water is crystal clear. They have a tram to take you anywhere you need to go and there's even an adult beach. There's bbqs in each area so no need to walk far to get your food. The food was cooked according to your directions which I loved as I love my meat rare. Disney was kind enough to give each passenger a park hopper ticket for Disneyworld and had buses pick us up at the port to transport us back and forth. Plus the first bus left around 7:30 am and the all aboard was 12 midnight! A perfect amount of time to spend at DW. The only problem was that it was immensely hot and humid that day. I would be hard pressed to find any complaints about this cruise. The ship did not feel crowded at any point. We were always able to find seats in the theater, lounges at the pool, seats at Bingo/Trivia Disembarkation was easy and we were given an 8:15 breakfast time. We were off the ship at 10:00. I definitely would cruise Disney again. What I liked was never being pushed to purchase anything the whole week.
Disney Magic Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6A7630
We were on the starboard side about 2 cabins from aft. The area was very quiet and not far from the aft elevators. We were a couple of steps from a door to the aft deck where you could sit in lounge chairs and enjoy the sun. The verandah had a white wall and you had to stand in order to see the water. Lots of storage space, split bathroom. GREAT ROOM HOST!

We did Castaway Ray's stingray adventure and it was wonderful. The island itself is beautiful and the sand is so powdery and the water so clear. The bbq is delicious and everything is within walking distance of each beach. There's a tram to take you around the island and the best part was no tendering!
Atlantis Aquaventure
A lot of walking but I suspect they want to show you the areas where you would have to purchase something such as the arcade or casino. The grounds are beautiful and we loved the lazy river rapids and the lagoon. The aquarium is amazing. We also had a lunch voucher and the food was very good.
Walt Disney World
What can you say about Disneyworld? It's great! Disney actually gives you a park hopper and transports you to and from the park. All aboard was midnight so you have plenty of time to enjoy the day.
Published 06/07/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Magic Review
Disney Magic Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?