Wonderful cruise - for the most part: Emerald Princess Cruise Review by movinmama
Overall Member Rating
Wonderful cruise - for the most part
Destination: Baltic Sea
-cabin design is excellent - closet area huge and open - situated such that it blocks light from opening bathroom door so as not to disturb DH when you make a mid-night visit - adequately spacious room w/ balcony
-cabins on Riviera deck in low 600's will feel ship's vibration, being under stacks and will hear late night and early morning furniture moving noise from Horizon Court dining area directly above as they move tables and chairs to floor clean every day.
-same area cabin is very stable and does not experience rocking/rolling at all, even in rough seas
- staff very friendly and responsive
- John Lawrence lectures on each port- comprehensive knowledge of history, geology, customs, economy, etc. - interesting and often humorous - accompanied by slides - also guides as we pass by interesting areas - Princess broadcasts these on ship's TV also
- great Russian folklore presentation on ship first night in port at St. Petersburg (you More don't really need to take the excursion offering into city for one of these)
- remarkably good prices on-board for items also found in ports - matroyshka Russian nesting dolls were cheaper that those in port!
Okay or not so great-
- food often bland in regular dining rooms, but some stand-out meals
-Crown Grill meats covered in heavy sauce, masking flavors, or just bland
- every port was very interesting, but needed more time in Stockholm (7:00 am to 1:30 pm only)
- major disappointment when capt. chose not to go into Oslo because of pilot's strike, while other ships did go in and were able to leave as well
- entertainment by Princess dancers and singers very good, comedians okay to not so good
- on-board activities are game formats, gambling, shopping, spa, walking on deck, nothing of cognitive interest except for Lawrence lectures
- remember to put your do not disturb tag in door lock if you are in your room after say 9:00 am and you have hearing impairment or are doing something like showering or hair drying that would prevent your hearing steward's knock on cabin door before entering
-ship's city maps need more detail and indication of where ship may be docked Less
Port and Shore Excursions
First Time on Princess Cruise/...
Great weather and beautiful po...
My fourth time around NZ, and ...