Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by AmberTeka

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by AmberTeka
Carnival Fascination
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6C
Cabin Number: M131
Value-for-Money 5+

A VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE WAS THE FASCINATION.....
I read reviews until I was totally confused. Some thought the Fascination was a great ship, others thought it should be sold.We dediced to give it a try, and warned each other on the way over not to have high expectations.

We arrived, DH dropped me and the luggage off, then drove out to the far forty it seemed and walked back. Not looking good. He is seventy years old, in shape, but still seventy.

So, we are shown the VIP line. We are whisked in, our S&S cards given to us, then escorted part of the way to the ship.There is a lot to be said for this VIP status. We did see lines on the other passenger side, but nothing like lines we have stood in at Miami, Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale or Tampa. It seemed very well organized. We were told that the Cabins are ready when we enter the ship. It is clean. Cheerful. We check out the cabin, the muster drill is at 3:30, then we sail down the Intercoastal Waterway. and that is a fascinating sail. We see Mayport, where the Big ships will sail if the the Port Authority and Carnival can reach common ground.

Dinner. Nice table. Table for two..with a table for four and a table for two very close to us. We liked them the first night, and liked them better throughout the cruise. We enjoyed going to dinner and seeing what adventures they had during the day. The food..the prime rib..the Plant Steak..very good. Some of the others..cruise food. edible. The ham and cheese grilled sandwiches at the Deli..on the Lido..great. I was pleased with the food, but I am not a picky eater. I liked the stations on the Lido deck with the neon signs showing you where they were...made it very convenient..and folks were not wandering around trying to find the salad bar or such.

Our Cabin attendent should be given a prize for best of the year. He was seldom seen..always did what we asked immediately..kept our room just right. And yes, ice every day.We tipped him extra..twice. He was that good. Ditto our dinner servers. they made do with trying to serve us..plus a horde of anytime diners..and they were always eager to please...pleasant..CARNIVAL PLEASE..ONE MDR FOR THE ANYTIMERS...ONE FOR THE STATED TIME DINERS..DON'T MIX THEM..it creates chaos.

Saw the production shows..liked the first one."Big Mambo", loved the second one...an 80's show. Just great. Loved the ship's magican who came to our table and did tricks. More fun and more charming than you think it would be,The Maitre d was pretty good at magic trick too..and what a charmer! He went to every table and made us all feel so special.

The casino was not smokey..seldom crowded and if anyone was winning on slots...it was not me. Alas. Ditto on the bingo. winners..but not me.

The Battle of the Sexes Game had to be more fun than any gameshow I have seen. The Ladies gave the gentlemen a well deserved beating. The passengers who participated in gameshows..were really funny..for a change. I laughed until I cried.and usually shows like those..make me cringe. Well done. Good Cruise Director...Jen. and a good Activities Staff.

As we live in Florida, love the sun but fear it more, we did not spend time at the pools. they did not look crowded. A lot of southern college and high school graduates were on the ship, and they sunned a lot. From what I saw..they were all a credit to their families and schools.Some tiny tiny swimsuits..but no drunkeness...no profanity..a lot of yes mam's and door holding..I mean I was impressed. Our young people are not nearly as bad as some say.

I did shop a little. That was nice. I did not buy any pictures. I never made it to Tea. We played Trivia Every day and had a ball. We won some, met a lot of nice, nice people.

Embartation came way too soon. It was easy. We were told to be in the Palace Lounge by 8:30. About that time..we were escorted off..went through immigration..got our bags..and when my husband asked how we would get our luggage to our car..parked way way away.....the porter told him..why with a golf cart of course. Of course..so DH and Poter go off with bags..he is back in a flash..

and am I going to sail on the Fascination again? You know it. If the creek don't rise, and the good Lord is willing, we will go again. I want to watch the cruise down the I.W from the Observation Lounge. I did not know they had one. Just see more of the ship and visit Key West again.

I would recommend this cruise to anyone. Particularly to Southern People. Because most of the people on the ship..are from the South and the slow pace is great. If you are southern. Laid back is a better term. Yankees would like some of that laid back, relaxing atmosphere too.

Publication Date: 06/07/12