Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by pep1954: For ALL first time cruisers

For ALL first time cruisers

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

My husband and I had only been on a 3 day cruise to nowhere many years ago. Not sure that qualifies us as 2ND time cruisers. If you want to be disconnected from Email and cell phones a cruise is the place to be. If you want to be connected you can be for a price. We chose not to be connected. We really needed a break.

We traveled with 6 others. Some days it was 4 of us some days 6 of us, a couple of times 8 of us. That is the type of flexibility there is on NCL.

We found the ship to be very clean. Our accommodations were good. The cabin service was great it did not take very long when you made a call to have someone at your door with your request.

We found the food to be good and plentiful no matter where we ate. It just depended on whether you wanted to be waited on or not. The service in the Venetian was excellent. We felt rushed in AQUA. The 24 hour restaurant on the 8Th deck above the Atrium, did not have very good service.The buffet was very good as More well a large variety to chose from. Although you are told both ends are the same they are not so make sure you peruse everything on both ends

We took the bus tour 5.5 hours of Bermuda and the Swizzle Cruise both were excellent. We found the shopping seminar to be helpful.

The entertainment on the ship was good to excellent depending on the show and the venue. We particularly enjoyed the couple that sang in the Atrium and went to listen to them nightly after a show in the theater. We also enjoyed the Elvis tribute in one of the bars. We happened to be celebrating one of our friends 41ST wedding anniversary so this was perfect to do some dancing, have some wine and be able to talk as well. The only issues we had was information given to us prior to the cruise was misleading i.e. we got cabins next to a family member because we were told that we could open the doors between our balconies while in port. We found that not to be true as they are locked and or welded shut.

Also the plan of the day had conflicting times as to when things were happening i.e. hours of the buffet being opened. At which point at Bingo was the raffle being drawn.

We found getting on board in Boston to be fairly easy although it was very busy. Getting on and off the ship in Bermuda was a breeze as long as you followed the instructions given. Disembarking in Boston was easy as well but we were the last group off at 10AM. We had no connections to make.

I would suggest this trip to any first time cruisers as there was a lot to do. You were on the ocean 2 days down and 2 days back with 3 days in Bermuda.It is also a good way to do Bermuda. I would definitely take this cruise again.

We plan to try NCL again for another destination and will probably try another line just for comparison. Some of our group have traveled on other lines and from NCL to be good in comparison to those they had traveled on. Some hings different not better or worse just different i.e. free style dining Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Nine 9700

I found the cabin to be fine. I would have liked to have had some other things such as a pad of paper and a pen on the desk. Lotion and mouth wash in the bathroom. I found the closet to be ample and my husband and I over packed for the 7 days. the balcony was good but wished we couldhave opened the door between as we were traveling with a relative. Another outlet would have greeat as well