Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by cruiser2012new: May 24th Explorer of the Seas - Love this ship!

cruiser2012new
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

May 24th Explorer of the Seas - Love this ship!

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Other

Parking & Embarkation: Very easy to drive to the lot and parking was a breeze. It was quick and easy to get on the ship. We headed straight to the Windjammer for some lunch around noon. Room was ready at 1:30.

Room: Nice and clean. Having a balcony was a big plus.

Dining: Had the late time dining which was great. The schedule allowed us to see shows before and after dinner. Waiter was wonderful and friendly. Food was good. We chose Portofino for one night and it was a wonderful experience. The food just kept on coming. Loved the chocolate covered strawberries.

Thank you to the guy that made me smile! Missed your name but you were probably in your 20's-30's (lighter brown/reddish spikey hair). I think you were travelling with your father. Perhaps from NJ. Had a quick hello but missed chances to speak (sorry). You were dancing up a storm (which I should have been doing!). Are you reading this or know who I'm speaking of? email: liketocruise2012@gmail.com. It's More a small world! A familiar face - perhaps from childhood?

We (my family member and I) met a lot of nice people throughout the ship - lots of people from New Jersey and New York.

I planned to go to the gym but ended up on the walking track on the top deck. Great way to exercise and people watch.

Entertainment: Most of the shows were great. I especially liked the impressionist comedian Joey Van. Needed a good laugh that night!

Ports: Labadee- Very hot. More areas for shade would be ideal. It's very hard to escape the intense heat at this location. Your best bet is to find cover under a tree. The boat ride around the coast was very nice. St Maarten -- Great place. We may have been better doing this port on our own. Bermuda -- buy the one day pass for travelling on the ferry and bus for $12. We took the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus to Horseshoe Bay. Had enough time to enjoy the dockyard as well. Puerto Rico -- we didn't have much time to explore but took a quick tour around the new and Old San Juan.

Enjoyed Richard Spacey as the cruise director.

Overall it was a great escape. I only wish it would have been longer. I would definitely recommend this ship. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7

Took a boat ride around the coast which was very nice (great way to cool off!). Barbecue was nice. Tried to keep out of the heat by sitting under a tree. Bring your sun block!
Read 356 Labadee Reviews

Didn't have much time in San Juan. Took a tour of the old and new San Juan.
Read 1359 San Juan Reviews

St. Maarten is very nice. The Dutch side and French side are worth seeing. Unfortunately it was a holiday and the French side was closed. Beaches are great.