Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by nyja446

Cruise Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: F2

Majesty of the Seas- Just as I remembered- Great Time
My husband and I sailed on Majesty of the Seas for our anniversary. This was my second time on Majesty. I previously sailed on her back in summer of 2007 just after her refurbishment. This was my 3rd cruise and my husbands 1st. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Departing from Miami was seemless. We packed carry-on size bags and carried our bags onboard ourselves to save time. We also used the online check in process and printed our seapass and douments ahead of time. (highly recommended). We flew into MIA and took a cab from the airport the the port- 15 min ride without traffic for rate of 25 dollars. Much more afforbable and highly recommended when compared to the cruise transfer service. I have done that before and did not like having to wait with a mass of people. The cab is actually cheaper per person even if splitting between 2 people when compared to the cruise transfer service. It is also nice because it's more private. From the time we arrive at the port of Miami we were on board the ship in less than 45 mins.

Day 2- Nassau- toured the island with a group to learn the history and get a feel for the place, then went to Paradise island to tour the Atlantis for free and took a walk to cable beach. I agree with reviews- cable beach- the major public beach to that area has some rough waters and thus I would not recommend for those with little kids. Cable beach has nice waters though and is free and nearby the beach at Atlantis.

Day 3- Coco Cay- Just as I remember it. Prior to the trip I read several reviews about the barefoot beach at Coco cay. Although the sand there is softer than the rest of the island, there is limited shade at that part of the beach and the water is not for swimming. It is shallow and very calm- inches/knee deep for meters and meters out from the shoreline. This makes it good for kids but not for swimming. Barbeque lunch and live music was great. Lots of shady spots but bring your own snorkle gear reather than renting from RCI.

Day 4- Key West- Took the 7.3 mile Bike Tour with Parrothead Key Lime bike tours. Mike the guide was pleasant but not overly friendly. At the end of the tour we got a free treat at a local key lime pie company. Nice and relaxed way to see the island.

Disembark- easy and quick as we carried off our own bags after breakfast.

Stateroom- ocean view on deck 4. BEST DECK- easily accessible to main atrium and dining rooms. It was quiet. Oceanview cabins on deck 5 are loud, those on deck 7 and 8 have obstructed views. Those on deck 9 are also loud. Our cabin was very clean and perfect size for 2 people.

Pools- salt water and relaxing

Gym- small but functional. Don't bother trying to run on the treadmills if you are taller than 5 feet 9 inches tall as the ceilings are so low you can only walk. My husband is 6'2 and I am 5'11 and we were unable to run due to this factor and could only power walk on the treadmills.

Windjammer Cafe- nice variety but often crowded and hard to find a seat (our cruise was booked to capacity)

Compass Deli- just ok for mid afternoon snack with soups and sandwhiches

Casino- decent size but too much cigarette smoke to be enjoyed

Live music- AMAZING

Cruise Director and activies were plentiful and exciting. A lot of fun dancing, parties and events to keep you interested and active.

Main dining room food was quite good!

Service- Very good! Some employees did not seem as happy and welcoming as they did in years past while others were fantastic!

Value- great

My husband said he was most certainly sail with RCI again. I think we will try another ship in the near future.

Publication Date: 06/07/12