Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by seabeeknox1: First Time cruise, 4 kids and had a blast

seabeeknox1
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

First Time cruise, 4 kids and had a blast

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

My girlfriend and I stayed at north Charleston inn the night before which was really nice, driving 6 hours from Knoxville then rushing to get on ship would not have been fun. We were also able to go to Patriots Point on memorial day which was pretty cool! We used the snooze and cruise deal offered by north Charleston inn.

We had to take 2 cabs which was kind of a hassle, cost like 60 oh well on vacation right? Getting on was pretty easy had a little waiting because we were early, got on and walked around till time to depart. I would suggest people with kids getting the bubbles sticker makes life a lot easier for parents! Our rooms were ready right on time and the staff was pretty good, got a kick out of all the animals on the bed every night. We read reviews saying the rooms were run down but this was not the case at all for us.

We signed all the kids up for the Camp Carnival activities, We had 14, 12 11 and 9 year old and they enjoyed the activities a lot! We had More one little hiccup when the person we signed up the younger two up for the mardi gras party forgot to tell us that after 10 the kids couldn't sign themselves out, no biggie though they didn't charge us for it. The older 2 14 and 12 had a lot of fun in there age group, met a few friends and had a good time The gambling was a little disappointing I play poker, they only had one electronic table and it was kind of lame but if its not your thing you should be fine. The ship was really nice this being our first cruise we didn't have anything to compare it too. We enjoyed the food very much the whole trip! We chose your time dining and never waited longer than 10 minutes for a table and the wait staff even when swamped with people were very attentive. My daughter absolutely loved the magician that came around during dessert, he was so good with the children. Overall this was a great way to vacation as a family, yes it got a little crowded in the pool area during sea days especially, but it was never unbearable.

Disembarking was pretty easy I do have to say a little patience goes a long way here, we did self assist and our turn started at 8 am, customs went smooth as silk we were on the road heading home by 9, after paying another 60 dollars for a cab ride home. One thing we didnt do many shows but the Comedians were so funny! We caught both on different nights they had us rolling!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Interior Riviera R83

Beach Break

(5)
Took a bit of a drive to get there, once we did Kendall and the staff there took very good care of us, the beach was nice, rocky but we read reviews and prepared for it, water shoes work great, the snorkeling was good, kayaking fun, the pool was very nice. Resort was very nice and people friendly. The people that booked this excursion through the ship had to leave at 130 which we thought kind of sucked. We took water bottles, cheap plastic ones I picked up at dollar tree they filled them with whatever we wanted to drink. the one thing that stood out about this place was Kendall, we didnt have the right receipt form printed, he let my girlfriend use his computer while issuing us armbands and letting me take the kids to swim and start the fun, when I thanked him he said "No problem Mon its your vacation" VERY PLEASED with this place especially after reading the mixed reviews.

Snorkeling

(5.5)
This excursion was awesome, we had an early time to meet, 8:15 the shuttle was already there, after a 30 minute ride in which we got to see alot of nassau, we got to Stuarts cove, once we got the gear we needed it took about 20-30 minutes to get everyone aboard and get going the first two spots we snorkeled were AMAZING!!! We only got to stay in about 30 minutes but it was so beautiful and saw alot of fish, the shark stop was actually a little lame but my son loved it, they drop a box of dead fish and the sharks circle it, was pretty cool to see the sharks though a few were 6-8 feet at least! The guides were very very good and didnt bother us with a bunch of mumbo jumbo, only said something about tips at the end, made sure we tipped them well for a great day. We got back to ship showered changed and went shopping unfortunatly it was labor day on the island and alot of the nicer shops were closed, the straw market was ok, although getting accosted every time we turned around got old. Having said that I got some neat little trinkets and stuff for my daughter she was happy when we left. We walked around the city some and then went back to ship, took alot of pics nassau was really fun!