“Smooth sailing despite weather”
Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

brosner Celebrity Eclipse 5 Smooth sailing despite weather
brosner
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I think the crew and passengers on a ship have great influence on how pleasurable the cruise. This was the best service I've ever experienced in over a dozen cruises. From the cabin attendant, to the waiters and bartenders the Celebrity staff was uniformly efficient and eager to help. Transatlantic cruises typically have many "snow-birds" who reside in Europe and winter in Florida. We joined a table with several other couples and this made our dinner experience most pleasant. Pros: Easy embarkation and debarkation. Excellent buffet food at breakfast and lunch. Beautiful, well maintained ship. Nice bathroom shower. Lots of activities. Excellent lectures. Tuscan grill excellent food, views and service. Cons: (minor) Main dining food just average. Swimming pools a little small. Entertainment mediocre. I'm an American so British music hall type singers are not to my taste. But the comic was quite funny. Anyway we liked the cruise so much we booked it for next year. This time in reverse: Rome to Miami. Transatlantic cruising is great way to visit Europe if you have got the time and Celebrity is hard to beat.
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to Transatlantic

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?