Carnival Glory Cruise Review by mlzangel78: Fantastic Time on the Glory!

mlzangel78
Member Since 2003
1,017 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Bahamas Cruises

Fantastic Time on the Glory!

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Norfolk

This was my 23rd cruise and my husbands 1st, I am 33 he is 38, we have no children and this was a do-over honeymoon, since we were just married 6 months ago in a destination wedding in Jamaica, I was itching to cruise after being landlocked for 12 days on one island! LOL

Embarkation was about 30 minutes and we were onboard, loading up the sign and sail with cash in a kiosk located on Deck 5, dropping our luggage in our cabin, and off to the Lido for a DOD, and food. All our CELEBRATORY beverages made it on board with out a problem.

Sail away was great, prior I had heard that there were no bands on the lido, but we had one, and they were great. Seas were slightly rough from Virginia until we were closer to Nassau, but we were catching the tail end of TS Beryl, so that was to be expected. The interior of the ship looks great, she shows some minor signs of wear and tear but nothing that impacted our cruise.

We had an inside cabin on deck 8 right near the main More elevators, great spot to be one deck below LIDO... easy access to food, and open decks for having a smoke. Our cabin steward was Excellent, and our room was more than adequate for being on board 6 days, but at port for 3, I always prefer a balcony, but i really didnt miss it because we were off the ship so much.

Day 2 At sea, seas and sun, took some time exploring the ship, my husband was in awe of the size once your on it. Lido buffet for breakfast, i was sad they got rid of the hasbrown patties, and only use cut up potatoes now... it wasnt as good as before, but it served its purpose. Lunch was Fish and Chips.. dear god bring a folding chair with you, the line for this is ABSURD and there is only 1 person working the station.. this proved to be the same the entire week, tho I will tell you, my husband who has backpacjed thru Europe, and been in London actually said they were QUITE good. I never wanted to wait in line like that for food, I dont care how good it is. The wait was 52 minutes by the way.. 38 the next day, and 47 the following...

Day 3 Nassau, we booked a private snorkel excursion with the British Colonial Hilton, which was fantastic, 6 people and the driver of the boat, 2 reefs for 55pp. Excellent to be away from all the crowded snorkel boats. We had lunch at Sharkeez, Over priced and the food is blah... save your money eat elsewhere.

Day 4 Nassau, we spent the entire day as I always do at the Atlantis on the day pass for 120.00 from 8:30-6pm, we had an amazing amazing day. Relaxing using the pools, and the slides was just the best way to spend the day. The resort is cashless so bring a credit card and beware to be gouged to eat there. I already knew this, but others may not, we had breakfast, 2 bagels, a water and an orange juice $23... then lunch, 3 orders of conch fritters and fries with a soda $33... I dont mind spending it, i absolutely love the property, and do a pass everytime i go. Senior frogs that evening, was as it always is, packed with 18 year olds, its still a fun time for one drink...

Day 5 Freeport..
I have NEVER been to freeport, so i wanted to do SOMETHING to see the island. I wish we hadnt.. this is my least favorite port of all. we did a culinary experience booked thru the ship because our time at port was cut short, and I didnt want to chance it. Junkanoo Beach club was where it was held, the beach itself is VERY pretty, and they do state you can use credit cards.. however be aware there is a $20 min to charge, and if you are dying of thirst a $2 water needs to be ordered 10 times in order to purcahse it. The excursion itseld would have been fine had it not been at 7:15am, by the time you finish cooking in the heat being eaten by mosquitos, and savaged by flies, its 9 am and a bit to early to be eating FRIED conch for my taste... jet skis can be rented for $75 for a 30 min ride, and thats cash only. Next time we will just stay on the ship. Nor will i ever book an excursion that early ever again.

Day 6 at sea- chair hogs were out in full force this cruise. We stayed aft end starboard side deck ten half way between the aft and lido pools and always got a spot.

The comedy was ok, the shows were highschool talent at best, I do feel Royal Carib offers much better shows, but I wont be back to Royal, Im sticking with Carnival
All in all this was a great cruise, the food was excellent, We did the steakhouse the last night, soley because i wanted escargot... which def is NOT as good as when they did it in the dining room in those dishes covered with butter and garlic. now they sit on little breads and provide a creamy sauce to dip them in. i wasnt a fan, the filet was no better in the steakhouse than it was in the dining room on elegant night, the AHI TUNA was HUGE and to die for, we didnt order salads so we were able to order two apps, the onion soup was gross. we both ordered surf and turf, and again for the 3rd trip to the steakhouse i was unimpressed, we wont be returning, especially now that theyve raised the fee to $35... my husband is addicted to the WCMC, as he should be :) Any questions feel free to ask Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>