SeaDream I Cruise Review by eccgirl

Member Name: eccgirl
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Nice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: SeaDream I Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | SeaDream Yacht Club Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: SeaDream I Review (by Cruise Critic!)
South of France Med 7 Night Cruise 5/19-5/26/12
We are 4th time SD cruisers-and were so excited to experience our 2nd time in the Med on a SD cruise. We were very disappointed with all the areas that SD makes the difference. Firstly-the Activities Director-Daniel-was less than attentive at follow up and never once did I see him personally on an excursion- (that were all too long and way over priced as compared to the past experiences). He barely asked how it was when we returned-and on occasion would send his "assistant" who was lovely but very young and not trained to be a substitute. When there was not enough interest in some excursions (which was often)-we asked about getting to the destination independently and the Concierge was clueless as to how to help us-again-new and untrained-which is fine but no back up-and the Activities Director-never made alternative suggestions- We found this very frustrating-not knowing the area and what was around-we got tired of seeking him out to ask the same questions...Also-when we did port-the tenders let us off far from the intended destination-this was never communicated to us prior to disembarking-at times the walk was a distance and the weather was inclimate a few times which made our decision making tricky-not knowing the distances ahead of time...communication was lacking in this the entire cruise. Also-we had an excursion that started over 1 hour late which put us back onboard almost post dinner-upon we missed the "Repeaters" Cocktail Reception -which normally would have been nice to attend-but there was not even an "so sorry that the excursion started late and you did not get to take part in it-instead-I got a remark-Oh-no big deal-it was nothing-commented Daniel"-maybe it wasn't to him...

Lastly-during our week aboard ther was a photo shoot taking place-for a popular Lifestyle Magazine in Oslo-so we were fortunate enough to have an "A" list of so called celerebities aboard. I must say since our cabin was on the same floor-it was a bit disruptive at times especially when the crew stayed up rather late the first night and kept the entire floor up as well-

SD is too small of a ship to have a situation like this taking place for an entire week amongst "paying customers". This was a very special celebratory trip for my husband and I-we made the best of it in spite of a "few" unmet expectations by the SD1 crew. I will say the service in the dining room and elsewhere was very good-the food was also very good. I must admit the SD star is a bit tarnished for us after this cruise.

Publication Date: 06/08/12