MSC Divina Cruise Review by david templar: MSC DIVINA INAUGURAL CRUISE

MSC DIVINA INAUGURAL CRUISE

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Marseille

I booked this cruise after my 1st choice was on MSC MELODY i had to cancel. MY travel agent was no help is choosing another one!

GETTING TO SHIP
I travelled by RYANAIR the day before so i could watch the CHRISTENING!
The next day after breakfast i got a\ taxi to the ship which was quite a distance!

EMBARKATION
I arrived at the port at the port at 10.30am a lot before the time stated but others were there in 2 lines(no idea why or what for!!) We finally found out it was to drop off our bags. then to check-in where somehow i got PRIORITY as i had a classic card(which i later found was out of date!!) I boarded the ship as the cabins were no ready i had buffet lunch which was quite good.

CABIN
After lunch i looked at my cabin( i was not even shown where it was!!) It was an inside on deck 10. Quite large with a queen sized bed,mini bar,shower,safe, a\chair and pouffe and plenty of wardrobe and drawer space.

RESTAURANTS
I had asked for 1st More seating but was given 2nd so had to queue to change it. It was VILLA ROSSA restaurant. Apart from that there is only TEX MEX which is a small charge, and GALAXY DISCO but AT 24 EUROS AND ONLY A FRENCH MENU i did not bother!! there is more choice if you have a YACHT CLUB SUITE.the food was quite basic and not a great choice especially for desserts. No TAP WATER! so had to buy BOTTLED WATER despite it being in your cabin and in the buffet!

PORTS OF CALL
A good choice ROME(i did my own thing on a train into the city)
MESSINA i did an excursion to mount ETNA which was well worth the money.
MALTA i got a bus to POPEYE VILLAGE it was\a long way and only just made it to the ship in time.DUBROVNIK had to pay 10 euros for a shuttle bus only to be ordered off as some did not have their passports(why could they have not told us?)

SHOWS
These were very good and varied from PIRATES,MIME, PRODUCTION SHOW to a classical concert with memorable arias(i only knew one and lots of people walked out!!)

IMPRESSION
A lovely ship but sadly the smaller ships had more amenities like a golf course and extra charges for everything from bottled water,charge for a birthday cake! charge for coffee and ice cream. so sadly i do not think i will be doing another msc cruise!!!! Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Divina 10261

a very quiet cabin and quite large plenty of room

not great as had to pay 120 euros for a shuttle bus and was not told to take our passports

I did my own thing to POPEYE VILLAGE after last time told you had to take a taxi i managed to do it but bus 90 mins each way it was worth it.

Just had a walk around town before the cruise

It was raining and i got lost trying to find the railway station to get a train into the city