Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Icecreammaker: Time of my Life!

Icecreammaker
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Time of my Life!

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore

Sailing was my husband, my daughter and 5 year old grandson. Second time for my daughter who sailed the fascination a few years ago. WE LOVED IT! The Carnival Pride was very pretty and elegant. This ship was very, very, very clean! The room steward was very nice and everyday after breakfast our room was cleaned and beds made and every evening after dinner our beds were pulled down for the night with animal towels and chocolates like clock work! Clean beach towels everyday as well with sparkling clean glasses. Now the ship has their own filtration system, therefore the water on the ship is clean to drink. The pool water is filtered from the ocean and is changed everyday.

Activities - They have a lot of things to do on board. Trivia, mini golf, basketball, they have a room you go to and play cards or scrabble, jenga or any other games you may like for free, you can participate in bean bag throw game, which was huge fun and I wished I got involved in it, but I was not sure More what it was about till the end of the cruise and I was bummed that I did not join the fun. I won $100 in bingo (expensive) and $100 in the casino.

The Food - We ate at David's the first night. The food was very good, however I enjoyed the food in the Normandy just as well. In David's we had to wait a long time between each course, which we could not understand because their was only 10 people their. Normandy had great food, it was hot all the time. We had anytime dining and never waited for a table. We always ate between 6:00 pm and 6:30 pm on level 3. Our waiters were the best (Dadang and Imade) they treated us like royalty. The short ribs were excellent as well as the fried chicken and of course the chocolate melting cake! Some people on the reviews said the food was cold or not really hot, but my food was always hot and very good. The mermaid grill was good and the best things I enjoyed were the hot pastrami on rye from the grill and the omelette's in the morning. You get lemonade, tropical punch, unsweetened ice tea coffee free 24/7. Now I spoiled myself because I went to the coffee shop every morning and purchased a cafe mocha with whipped cream and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!(cost about $3.00) not bad.

My grandson went to camp carnival everyday and loved it. He did get sea sick the first day and we went to the infirmary and they gave him children's Dramamine and was fine the rest of the cruise. They did not charge us for that.

Embarkation and debarkation - wonderful - no problems what so ever. We chose option 2 debarkation which gave us more time on the ship the morning we left. We got home about 11:30 pm and we live about 20-25 minutes from the port.

Entertainment- We like comedy....so the first night the comedian (Mike Macy) was hilarious, the second night (not sure of his name but we called him carrot top) he was okay, the sixth night (Jim Brick) very very good as well. We also so saw a musical show called Jazzin that was very good, sang and dance all the good jazz tunes. The carnival dancers were excellent. A lot of entertainment for all ages... they had DJ's throughout the cruise ship and music playing all the time. My grandson won a ships trophy for the limbo contest. All ages were in the limbo contest and they did have a lot of lido deck parties.

Reviews for ports are below.

All in all it was a terrific cruise and we are planning our next one very soon. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Empress 6297

We stayed on the 6th deck aft. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We heard no noises from other rooms and the shower was really nice. Very hot water in the shower and sink and the shower head is adjustable so if you have little ones you can lower the head and it will fit with your child just fine. Our room was very clean and quiet.

Harley Davidson Island Tour

(1)
We booked the Harley Davidson Bike tour because my husband is a motorcyclist. Unfortunately it was cancelled due to bad weather. The cruise ship refunded our money within 2 hours and put it on our S&S card. It worked out fine cause we went to the casino and played the rest of the day. Not much to see in Freeport, however, my daughter did the Dolphin Excursion and gave it a 5+. She said it was the best thing she did during the whole trip!

Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim

(5.5)
We went to the Blue Lagoon and had a blast. The area is beautiful. We went swimming in the lagoon and the water was crystal clear. They have water-slide inflatables that you can use for $15 for the day. We did not do that because we were only able to stay for 3 hours and we wanted to see the dolphins. It was a 25 minuted boat ride to the Lagoon and on the way back we had a tour and saw some celebrity homes and had free Bahama mamas to drink on the way back. They had virgin Bahama mamas too. GREAT TIME

Cocoa Beach

(4)
We opted to take a shuttle to Cocoa Beach because we wanted to lay on the beach and do some swimming. The weather was hot and nice. We had fun shopping at the Ron Jon surf shop, not much else to there but it was nice.