Disney Magic Cruise Review by maril35

Disney Magic
Disney Magic
Member Name: maril35
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 11C
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
        Under 3 4.0
        3-6 5.0

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Disney Magic Inaugural from NYC
13 of our family, four inside cabins. We had a wonderful time. I have cruised 9 other times with my wife and we believe the food on board was some of the best cruise fare we have tasted. I would be remiss notto mention Leeroy and Joao, our servers.

Cleanliness was top notch. I can't get over the friendliness of all the staff. Everyone smiled or said hello. And their smiles didn't look fake but genuine.

Trip down to Nassau was uneventful. We elected to do our own glass bottom boat ride $35 pp and kids were free rather than go with an excursion via Disney.

Castaway Cay amazed us as their private island. So many things to do and again, the BBQ was very tasty.

Our third stop was at Walt Disney World. 90 minute bus trip from Port Canaveral to the site. Temps in upper 80 s and there was a lot of walking.

I will try to be brief so that is the plus side above.

Some negatives included some rust spotted on outside decks. The walks from the dock to your shuttle to Castaway Cay is way too long for those having trouble walking. Same goes for Disney from the bus terminal to the entrance.

There was a lot of questions people had including me that should have been answered in your daily bulletin. the pool areas are very small for 2'500 people aboard. Oh, we Got to see The Advengers in their theater.

Would I do it again. Probably yes. Our five grandchildren were the reason we went.

I will keep this brief and close for now.

Maril