“Fantastic Transatlantic Cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette”
Cruise review of Celebrity Silhouette

Oohlala3022 Celebrity Silhouette 5 Fantastic Transatlantic Cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette
Oohlala3022
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My sister and I became very interested in this transatlantic cruise when we learned they had guest chefs, offered cooking and art classes, had specialty restaurants and visited ports where one can experience different foods. We also liked the fact that the Silhouette was a newer ship that had just taken its maiden voyage in July 2011. Our experience with both embarkation and disembarkation was very quick and a smooth process. My stateroom was 1020 and it was very nicely appointed. Great shower, very comfortable bed, fresh flowers daily and floor to ceiling glass doors with a balcony that opened up to my sisters balcony. Ample room for storage. The activities on the ship were many and included fitness classes, art classes, cooking demonstrations/classes with Chef Franco, trivia, etc. Nice selection of sitting areas to choose from - coffee bar, hideaway, library, pool area, etc. Regarding the food, there were several great dining choices which included specialty restaurants that featured French and Italian cuisine and one restaurant, Qsine, where you use an iPad to order. The waiter's service was absolutely top notch in the speciality restaurants. The main dining room food was good but not as spectacular as the speciality restaurants. Didn't like how there were different waiters bringing the condiments, salad dressings, etc. several minutes after your food was delivered rather than having them readily available on the main dining room tables. Service from the cruise staff was stellar. The room stewards were top notch!! Melissa from guest relations was so professional and accommodated us throughout the cruise. She even printed sheet music for my sister so she could play the piano. Guest relations also delivered super glue to my stateroom at 11:30 PM when I had a nail break. The head Maitre'd sent chocolate covered strawberries to my stateroom when I brought to his attention that the TV stated that room service for breakfast went until 10:30 while room service was telling me it ended at 10. He had that corrected the very next day with room service going until 10:30 AM. He also personally called me to apologize and thanked me for bringing this to his attention. Just great service all the way around! We booked private shore excursions since we didn't have much luck with the shore excursion staff prior to the cruise for accessible excursions. We contacted them way in advance but they were never able to accommodate us for the accessible tours. That was our only complaint. Overall, just a fantastic cruise!!!
Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Concierge Class 3

C31020
My stateroom was 1020 and it was very nicely appointed. Very quiet, great shower, very comfortable bed, fresh flowers daily and floor to ceiling glass doors with a very nice balcony. Ample room for storage.

Cooking Class
The chef met us at the entrance of the Boqueria Market where we toured and purchased all of the fresh seafood and ingredients that would be needed for our 3 hour cooking class. Beautiful market! Walked a few blocks back to the Cook and Taste cooking school and made paella, an asparagus dish, creme brulee and other delicious food. Marta Vila was so professional to deal with. The owner even assisted my sister and I out to the square where the taxis were and arranged for a driver. A must do while in Barcelona.
Chianti Region
I had the time of my life! Did a full day tour with "Tuscany in Tour" to the Chianti area. Massimo Clemente, knew the area exceptionally well. We drove into several small villages, had coffee the Italian way, walked through meat and cheese shops and along the cobblestoned streets admiring the beautiful architecture of the buildings. Next we drove to a farmhouse cooking school, Fattoria Montagliari, where I had a private lesson and learned to make an entire Italian meal including fresh pasta, a lamb dish and the best dessert I have ever eaten. Excellent food, wine and hospitality. A must do if you are in the area.
City Tour
Did a scenic coastal drive to Cassis, Marseille, and Aix with Edward from AMP tour out of Aix. He was very knowledgeable of the areas and did a great job assisting my sister who was in a wheelchair. He even got out of the car to pick fresh herbs from the countryside. We enjoyed a 3 course meal lunch by the water. Fantastic experience!
Transfer to airport
Our transfer to the Rome airport was done by RomeCabs and was 1st class. Michael was our English speaking driver in a Mercedes sedan and was very prompt in picking us up. He assisted my sister in the wheelchair all the way through security at the airport. Amazing service!
Culinary Tour
In Cadiz Spain, Sam Lister from Tailormade Andalucia took us on a full day Tapas tour - great local guide! We visited several restaurants experiencing traditional tapas to the more modern type of tapas and great wines. Assisted my sister in the wheelchair perfectly!
Published 06/06/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Silhouette Review
Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?