Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Oohlala3022

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Oohlala3022
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: Oohlala3022
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Fantastic Transatlantic Cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette
My sister and I became very interested in this transatlantic cruise when we learned they had guest chefs, offered cooking and art classes, had specialty restaurants and visited ports where one can experience different foods. We also liked the fact that the Silhouette was a newer ship that had just taken its maiden voyage in July 2011.

Our experience with both embarkation and disembarkation was very quick and a smooth process.

My stateroom was 1020 and it was very nicely appointed. Great shower, very comfortable bed, fresh flowers daily and floor to ceiling glass doors with a balcony that opened up to my sisters balcony. Ample room for storage.

The activities on the ship were many and included fitness classes, art classes, cooking demonstrations/classes with Chef Franco, trivia, etc. Nice selection of sitting areas to choose from - coffee bar, hideaway, library, pool area, etc.

Regarding the food, there were several great dining choices which included specialty restaurants that featured French and Italian cuisine and one restaurant, Qsine, where you use an iPad to order. The waiter's service was absolutely top notch in the speciality restaurants. The main dining room food was good but not as spectacular as the speciality restaurants. Didn't like how there were different waiters bringing the condiments, salad dressings, etc. several minutes after your food was delivered rather than having them readily available on the main dining room tables.

Service from the cruise staff was stellar. The room stewards were top notch!! Melissa from guest relations was so professional and accommodated us throughout the cruise. She even printed sheet music for my sister so she could play the piano. Guest relations also delivered super glue to my stateroom at 11:30 PM when I had a nail break. The head Maitre'd sent chocolate covered strawberries to my stateroom when I brought to his attention that the TV stated that room service for breakfast went until 10:30 while room service was telling me it ended at 10. He had that corrected the very next day with room service going until 10:30 AM. He also personally called me to apologize and thanked me for bringing this to his attention. Just great service all the way around!

We booked private shore excursions since we didn't have much luck with the shore excursion staff prior to the cruise for accessible excursions. We contacted them way in advance but they were never able to accommodate us for the accessible tours. That was our only complaint.

Overall, just a fantastic cruise!!!

Publication Date: 06/06/12