Disney Wonder Cruise Review by SFSLECTOR

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 6A
See More About: Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
        7-9 5.0
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Wonder Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Wonder Deck Plans
Disney Wonder was WONDERFUL
I cannot say enough about the way that I was treated by ALL of the staff on the Disney Wonder on my cruise to Alaska 5/21 to 5/28/2012! The servers assigned to the family for dinner could not have been more gracious or considerate. We have a number of allergies and food problems and after we told them the first night we never had to say anything again. When we had breakfast or lunch and they weren't working our table, they came over to let the current server know what our desires were and to be sure we were taken care of. Josef the head server even remembered my name when I ran into him on deck and needed direction on how to get where I wanted to go. I don't know how they chose the family with whom we shared our table, but it was a very good fit. The children were the same age and got along great. The adults turned out to have much in common as well. Nothing like making new friends 2000 miles from home!!

The stateroom had more than enough room for us and we were able to unpack and put everything in the drawers and plenty of hangers in the closet so we didn't have to fall over suitcases. The stateroom host was very considerate. The children's clothes were nicely folded and placed on the counter each day and their stuffed animals were given places of honor on their bed each day by the stateroom host. They loved the towel animals each night. He was especially kind to me the morning I was a bit under the weather. :(

The captain made announcements several times a day to let us know what we were going to see and how he expected the weather to be -- ie. will it be rough or not so we could decide on dramamine or not??? We weren't able to get through to Tracy Arms for the glaciers because the previous ships had to turn around because the ice was too thick to reach the glaciers, so the Captain made a detour and took us to where we could come close to another glacier. I don't know how Tracy Arm could surpass what we saw as what we did see was amazing.

There was always enough to do on the ship while at sea for both the adults and the children. No complaints there. The only complaint is I hated to come back home. THE STAFF SPOILED ME FOR REAL LIFE BACK HOME!!

Publication Date: 06/05/12