Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Miamitraveler007: EPIC EUROPE MAY 6th- HAVEN SUITE

Miamitraveler007
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

EPIC EUROPE MAY 6th- HAVEN SUITE

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

So, I'm reading all the reviews about the Epic, some positive and some negative.
Don't really get it, so I'll give you my Spin.

First of all we booked a mini suite on deck 13, but a few days before NCL called us an offered us an upgrade to the HAVEN. We received a 2bdr 2bth suite with butler and concierge, worth every penny, and maybe worth the card rate if you can swing it.

Let me tell you about the "Haven". Firstly you are at the top of the ship. You get "escorted" boarding, to the Haven lounge, where your concierge "Adriene" greets you, offers you a drink (yes you have to pay for your drinks) then gives you a tour of the Haven.

First up private bar and lounge (yep), next Private pool and Jacuzzis (yep), Private Restaurant (yep) Private Sundeck (posh)with its own bar (yep) private gym (yep) private area for spa treatments (yep).

So basically, you do not need to see the rest of the ship if you do not want to. Haven has everything.

So you More say but i want the ship!! Special Elevator (of course only Haven room keys can activate it (yep)from lounge to deck 15 Pool Deck. Drops you right in the center of everything. So you drop down go on the slides, use the pool? oh but haven has there own private pool with special bar and food service poolside. Why would i do that? Then back into our special elevator...up to POSH. Where they have lounges, day beds, bar and food service. I think I'm getting carried away here. But i think you get the point.

I hear all the negatives about EPIC, but i wouldn't really know.. i left the Haven, like a commando, did what i wanted and returned to my Haven (little pun)

Lets move on....the cabin, oh my HAVEN Cabin... there was just two of us, and we had a two bedroom two bath. So what do you do with the second bedroom....hummmm. woman's dream, my girlfriend used it for most of her clothes, and that was her little Haven away from me to do her make up and get ready to go....had a special make up area, so did our main bedroom.

We had a living room/dining room an in-suite coffee maker. So we made espresso and cappuccino every day ( it was one of those K-cup ones BIG). All those spaces were very nice. The master bath was beautiful with a soaking tub and separate shower with big windows to the outside. Don't worry they had shades if you chose to close them. :-). Only comment that could have been better would be if the Balcony was a little bigger. It seemed/felt (and was) small for a suite this size

So that sums up the room, except for the butler... did i mention the butler. Well he was on speed dial from our room, and carried a portable phone wherever he was. Served us breakfast in our room every morning. Any special request was granted. (special items not on menu). Good service and fellow...

Now for the Concierge. Now this is getting good. He also is on speed dial, and you can call his extension from anywhere in the ship. He will get you into any show. and all Haven guests are escorted to the shows (blue man, legends, circ.) you arrive BEFORE any other guests are allowed in and sit where ever you want. We sat FRONT Row all shows. Only thing missing was for the shows in the Headliner you cant get an escort because they say there is no side door....like whatever.

There is so much more....but i think you get the idea. If you can do it, do the HAVEN.

Quick comments. Other likes SUSHI yes SUSHI ate there at least 4 times. Tuna Burger in the HAVEN is incredible. Modernnero(sp), which is like Texas de Brazil was the only specialty restaurant we ate at. All other nights we ate at the HAVEN dining room. btw Haven dining room steak is as good as Cagneys ( eat at Cagneys on NCL Sky all the time.)

So in short i love the EPIC. I loved the Haven. I would definitely go again. (looking for a good price for Nov 2012). Didn't have any issues with the rest of the ship, but of course we were spoiled. :-) Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 16011

location is great if you use the pool. the door to the pool is just steps from the cabin door, but since your door is passed the entrance nobody bothers you, since not many cabins past your cabin door. Make sure they show you how to use the special lighting panel in the room, i figured it out myself. Make sure you bring something to play your ipad/ipod/music. I brought a skullcandy tube and good thing i did. Or no music for me, as there is nothing to play any type of music. Good coffee maker one of those big ones. (expresso, K-kup type) Portable phone in the room so you can take it on your balcony. Balcony was basically a standard one the width of the living room. Not bad, comfortable, but not as big as i thought it should be for a 2bdr/2bth suite

City Tour

(2)
I hate France. the people are nasty, nothing nice. Tour was OK...will not go back to France ever. tour guide only wanted to tell us about his political theories... Like we care.

Leaning Tower of Pisa

(4)
Did Pisa and Tuscany, nice vineyard lunch, and nice time at the tower.

Took a tour don't remember which one and it has only been a month..Oh did I mention i hate France, and the people are rude.

Amalfi Coast

(5)
Best tour of the entire trip. Wish we had more time. Amalfi Coast and boat ride was incredible.

Colosseum

(4)
only saw the outside of the Colosseum, Basilica was incredible, i thought more impressive than the Sistine chapel.