Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by kacoombs

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by kacoombs
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: kacoombs
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: FS
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        7-9 5+

Living the Suite life on Enchantment
We decided to pay about $100/person more for the Family Suite, which was located at the aft of the ship. Our balcony was larger than some inside staterooms, methinks.

My husband & my parents & my daughter & I fit perfectly in this suite. We took the "master" cabin with a door to the balcony & private bathroom with a bathtub. My parents took the internal cabin, which was a little dark.

My daughter, 8, slept in my parents' room in a Pullman. There was a TV in the corner that she could watch perfectly from the Pullman.

It was so great to have the living room area - we could relax there while not disturbing anybody sleeping in the bedrooms.

I have to admit - I am a long-time cruiser of Royal Caribbean & I am getting tired of the menus. Based on the date on the menus, they were printed 3/10. But they feature the same things from previous menus & I'm bored. Chicken Marsala with Mashed Potatoes has been around since at least 2003 (I remember because I was in my first trimester of pregnancy & nearly lost it at the table.) However, the food was pretty good and the temperature of the food was better - i.e. the Oxtail soup was hot when it was served. A few years ago, food was lukewarm.

We spent most evenings in the Concierge lounge before dinner. Reyno Varkevisser contacted me via email earlier in the week before we embarked. He was wonderful. The only problem with the lounge was that if you didn't get there by 5:05, there were no chairs. Luis & Frank watched the door to make sure they got your order. They made killer cosmopolitans. We based our tip on the general idea of 15% on the value of what they made. It's a personal decision, but that seemed reasonable to me.

Reyno would answer any question & knew so much about the ships. A lot of the senior cruise would visit the concierge lounge - it's the kind of place you could hear all the laughter from outside & wish you were inside. There was a lot of laughing & happy conversation - a lot of that is Reyno's doing - he is professional, to be sure, but he is hilarious! I asked him for lotion one night (I find the onboard soap to be incredibly drying) and he looked in his drawer but couldn't find any. He ran off & magically appeared with a sampler of hand lotion. So sweet of him!

In the Windjammer, there was a lot of crowding. Due to the weather, people usually had to eat inside. And then you'd see one person at a four person table. I think when there's overcrowding with tables, the host at the front should stagger entrance a little.

Because of being in a Suite or because we're Diamond members (I think Diamond status because my parents didn't get an invitation & they're Emerald), we got to do a Backstage tour with the Singers & Dancers. We asked tons of questions of "Whitney", Claudia & Robert & a Brazilian production crew member & learned a lot. I won't share because it was fascinating!

In the casino, I tried to become a Club royale member (finally having learned what it was) and gave up quickly. But Robert Julia, the Hungarian manager, was friendly & talkative. DH & I always wondered if he was trying to distract us from our games - I prefer to believe he's just chatty!

We booked our own tour in Boston on the Freedom Trail. The ship's excursion was booked & it was honestly too early. There was only one time available, I believe, and it got filled. Definitely visit the Freedom Trail - it's inexpensive.

Newport was beautiful - we just wandered around the town after waiting for the tenders to be less crowded.

Enchantment is a beautiful ship & I've been on her 4 times. It's like coming home. It is showing its age though & needs a little drydock time, which it gets in November.

Publication Date: 06/05/12
Read the Bermuda ports review by kacoombs
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews