Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by cgel

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Brilliance of the Seas - good ship, great staff
The Brilliance of the Seas was a very nice ship. I know several other reviews were critical of the age of the ship, but it was only evidenced in certain areas such as the Pacifica Theater.

We were very happy with our Deluxe Balcony Stateroom. Our cabin steward was very nice, if a bit chatty. We found our dining room staff very knowledgeable and pleasant. We were using the My Time dining and our waiter Christian and assistant waiter, Raifla were great.

We spent quite a bit of time in the Casino and also up on the 13th floor at the bar across from the Stardust bar (disco)so my husband could smoke his cigars. Dusan, the bartender was great and very personable.

Overall we had a good time. I would have liked to spend more time in the Schooner Bar and the Solarium, but we were busy on excursions, so we ran out of time.

The only negative thing I would have to comment on were the shows and some of the activities were not very engaging.

I would cruise with Royal Caribbean again and on the Brilliance of the Seas.

I am adding info on La Coruna, Spain. It was our second port of call, but there is not space to comment in the excursion portion. We did not take a tour, but walked around the city. Lovely parks and squares. We found it to be beautiful and an easy walk from the ship.

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews