Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by lillianoo1: 1st time cruisers

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

1st time cruisers

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We had no idea what to expect and read many reviews on this website it was so helpful.We stayed at the comfort inn in cocoa beach close to the beach great location but not very clean we would not stay there again.

Getting on the boat so organized and fast went right to our room had to wait a few hours for our bags but no big deal we also brought a case of bottled water and juice and got it in our room no problem.

We were so impressed with royal Caribbean and have already booked another cruise with friends on the oasis next January.

1st of all food was amazing I have travelled south many times and have to say we will never go again unless on a cruise the food was incredible even the windjammer buffet was fine.Best meal of the week by far was chops I have never had a steak that good in my life and the chocolate cake was unbelievable!Lots of food choices and restaurants room service was always fast and pretty good as well.

Our room attendant "Irwin" was More lovely always smiling making animals for our daughter she still talks about him.All the staff were wonderful always pleasant even thought they work pretty long hours.We did the my time dining so you prepay the gratuities we had the same waiter "Sunil" each night in the dining rm he was amazing remembered little things we liked all week.
Overall the staff were top notch.

We were also impressed with how clean the ship is sparkling.

The activities were so much fun and really so much you cant do it all on one cruise.
All the shows (magic show with Drew???,once upon a time and the skating show)were wonderful and well done with very talented musicians.Our cruise director Graham was very funny as well.

What really sold us was the kids programs I was an ece teacher for 9 years and I had no concerns leaving our daughter.The staff,rooms,activities planned daily were excellent she loved it there and in the past when we travel with her she is quite shy and never wants to participate in kids clubs.If you are a parent your kids will love the pools and water park this is where I think rc has many other cruise lines beat we did alot of research re deck plans because swimming is a big deal for us we love the water I think rci has the best amount of pools and water parks over the others we researched.

The ports were very good impressed with cozumel probably our favorite went to chakanaab park awesome!Grand cayman was very pretty did a trolley tour and the beach.Labadee was beautiful!Really enjoyed the beach there.The only disappointment was Jamaica(falmouth) we could have done without this port very aggressive sellers no interest in going back there.
Our room was very nice large balcony which is worth the extra money in my mind we used it alot and being on it as you come in and out of ports was a lot of fun.

We had a great time and our now addicted to cruising no more resorts for us.We were beside the norwegian Pearl in one port definitely not for us especially with kids, had a party atmosphere for sure one guest came onto the boat wearing nothing but suspenders and a thong?
All in all we love Royal Caribbean and plan on cruising lots in the future.Hope this info helps. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 9376

great room quiet good shower comfy beds large balcony close to elevators and stairs