“Nice trip....and inexpensive”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My first cruise with RCC, Jewel of the Seas is a very nice ship, well maintained, with the Lobby, the Centrun as they call, always active, live music from noon to midnight, inmaculate restrooms, the only problem I saw was a couple of days water from the sink was yellow, that Chief Engineer said it was because of copper pipes and no problem for people...umm.

This was a transatlantic cruise, 12 nights with calls at Azores islands, Brest and Cherbourg in France, and disembark at Harwich, UK a port about 3 hours from central London, so I and a hundred more people, preferred to leave the cruise in Cherbourg, rented a car to go to Mont St Michel, and then Paris before fly back to Miami. Ports were attractive, Ponta Delgada at Azores is a nice town with some good places to visit, same for Brest and Cherbourg is close to Normandy beaches where are many memorial sites for fallen soldiers on D-day. I had half day at this sites and afternoon at Mont Saint Michel, a *must see* in France.

With me traveled my wife and daughter, they really enjoyed the cruise, waking up at 9 or...11 am on sea days, some gym, a lot of food, and going to bed late every night. Entertainment was better than I expected, an incredible magician and Clo a funny cruise director. Richard, a lecturer had the theater almost full at 2 pm sessions.

Food was average, we had a lobster night, actually mi wife ate two, waiter Rolando and assistant Domingo very helpful and communicative. Our stewardess Marita the same.

Maybe I take this cruise again on ten years on the opposite direction. I hope so.

Jewel of the Seas Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8007
Cabin 8007, inside, king bed, very quiet place.This is my first time, we have a couch in an inside cabin. ITS GREAT to have a seat that is not the bed. The only bad note is TV set is not flat.
Published 06/04/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Jewel of the Seas Review
Jewel of the Seas Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?