Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by fice: Nice trip....and inexpensive

Overall Member Rating

Nice trip....and inexpensive

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Transatlantic

My first cruise with RCC, Jewel of the Seas is a very nice ship, well maintained, with the Lobby, the Centrun as they call, always active, live music from noon to midnight, inmaculate restrooms, the only problem I saw was a couple of days water from the sink was yellow, that Chief Engineer said it was because of copper pipes and no problem for people...umm.

This was a transatlantic cruise, 12 nights with calls at Azores islands, Brest and Cherbourg in France, and disembark at Harwich, UK a port about 3 hours from central London, so I and a hundred more people, preferred to leave the cruise in Cherbourg, rented a car to go to Mont St Michel, and then Paris before fly back to Miami. Ports were attractive, Ponta Delgada at Azores is a nice town with some good places to visit, same for Brest and Cherbourg is close to Normandy beaches where are many memorial sites for fallen soldiers on D-day. I had half day at this sites and afternoon at Mont Saint Michel, a *must see* in More France.

With me traveled my wife and daughter, they really enjoyed the cruise, waking up at 9 or...11 am on sea days, some gym, a lot of food, and going to bed late every night. Entertainment was better than I expected, an incredible magician and Clo a funny cruise director. Richard, a lecturer had the theater almost full at 2 pm sessions.

Food was average, we had a lobster night, actually mi wife ate two, waiter Rolando and assistant Domingo very helpful and communicative. Our stewardess Marita the same.

Maybe I take this cruise again on ten years on the opposite direction. I hope so. Less

Published 06/04/12

Helpful? Thank fice

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Cruises

Cabin review: 8007

Cabin 8007, inside, king bed, very quiet place.This is my first time, we have a couch in an inside cabin. ITS GREAT to have a seat that is not the bed. The only bad note is TV set is not flat.

fice