Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by ejg095: First cruise

First cruise

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

This was my first cruise so I wasn't sure what to expect. I chose this ship because it was the only one that leaves out of Charleston. Let me tell you, I had a blast! You really get your moneys worth. I am a hospitality major, and even I could not believe how friendly and service oriented EVERY crew member is. What ever Carnival does to motivate their employees, they are doing a wonderful job. One of the bartenders, Larry, who had only served my group one time the night prior called each of us by name the next day when he saw us. The Ritz Carlton could take some lessons.

The cabins are very clean and comfortable and the food was good as well. My only complaint is that there is only one small pool that is always full of children and both the pool and hot tubs are closed around 10:30. I don't understand why they close so early as many adults enjoy hot tubs around this time.

As far as the Bahamas go, I didn't really enjoy them. We figured we would just walk More around and site see. It was very run down and we were constantly harassed to buy things. One man even called a passenger from another ship a "white dog." I'd suggest purchasing an excursion through the cruise line or simply stay on the ship :)

Anyways, this was the best vacation I've had and I can not wait to return!!! Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>