Carnival Dream Cruise Review by slbowman2399

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Best cruise yet!
I was slightly worried before this cruise because of some of the negative comments here, but we had a wonderful time and I cannot wait to go on my next cruise with Carnival. I think some people tend to complain about everything and can never see the positive side of an experience. I will blame the bad reviews on them! :)

This was our 4th cruise (2nd with Carnival). Even though there were more people on this ship, it did not feel any different than prior ships we had been on. We never had a problem finding a table for breakfast, lunch or finding deck chairs. Of course, if you go at peak times it can be a little bit harder. Carnival still has the issue with deck chairs being saved, but I heard they were trying to fix this problem. On one of our sea days, we would see chairs saved for 4 or 5 hours and no one would ever come and sit in them. That is absolutely ridiculous!

Our room was great. This was the first time we stayed in a balcony room and it was definitely worth it. I do not think I will go back to an interior room again! My sister and her husband stayed beside us, so our steward opened up the door separating our balcony's. It was cool to feel like we had a little bit extra room.

We LOVED the comedy shows! Thomas Brown was a comedian the first couple of nights and he was hilarious! We made sure to get to his shows about 45 minutes before to make sure we got a seat. Definitely worth it. I will say that the security at the comedy club could do a better job at maintaining the lines at the door. We waited in line for 30-45 minutes sometimes and people would walk up at the last minute and break in the line! This was aggravating, but did not ruin the experience.

Our room steward Jonathan was awesome and our dining staff was amazing! They knew our names by the 2nd night and always remembered our drinks. "Rod" got our drinks for us each night and they were sitting at our table when we got there. Excellent service!

We were impressed with St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We have been to Nassau before and we do not care for this port. We stayed on the ship. We did the Jeep Tour excursion in St. Thomas and it is definitely worth the money. The excursion ended up being an hour over what the original time frame was, so we definitely got our monies worth. We went to Maho Bay in St. Maarten to watch the planes land. My husband is a pilot, so of course, their was no question where we were going. I would say, if you are going to Maho beach, get their early! We arrived around 8:30am (We took a taxi as soon as we ported) and we had about an hour where it was only a few couples on the beach. By 10 or 11, the beach was full. This beach is small, so this many people on the beach is a bit suffocating. We left by 12. We could not deal with the crowds. There were literally people right on top of us. But, watching the planes fly over was really cool! We got some great pictures.

Overall...this was an amazing cruise. I would highly recommend the Dream to anyone who was considering it. If only John Heald was our cruise director...I would have given it a perfect 10!

Publication Date: 06/04/12