Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Cruiselover593

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Cruiselover593
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Paradise
Member Name: Cruiselover593
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 6A
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 2.0

NEVER AGAIN!!
My son and I set sail on May 24th aboard the Carnival Paradise. He is 12, with what promised to be a great trip. The water slide and the Circle C were particularly enticing to him. I was looking forward to relaxing pool side and meeting some great new people. This was not our first cruise however it was our first with Carnival.

We left the Port of Tampa late, but that was fine. Once we were on our way we were both excited. The first night was ok, exploring the ship and having fun. The second day people started getting rowdy from all the drinking that goes on. Our first encounter viewing physical contact between two drunk adults on the Lido deck where the pool and kids slide was. When we arrived at Cozumel we had a great time. The ship left early because of an incoming storm, about 1 1/2 hours early which was fine. Apparently everyone had been drinking in Mexico and once again a fight broke out on the Lido deck at the bar next to the pool with the kids slide. Not only was there fighting, the foul language flying back and forth was out of control. Security stood there and watched. Never intervening until one of the passengers had finally had enough and told them to do something. These boys were fighting over the UF FSU rival, Gators vs. Seminoles...really!!! That same night there was a couple at the bar literally having sex with their clothes on. Finally a passenger once again told them that "everyone on this ship has a cabin, there are kids out here, go to yours."

We decided not to do the deck party because of all the drunks. My son had been hit in the head twice by two different drunk men.

Now the food, the first night it was good. The second night in the dinning room I had the prime rib, it was terrible and full of fat. The buffet is better and that's not saying a whole lot. I believe they recycle food from the night before and it does not get any better than it was the day before.

They also charged someone else's bar tab to my room. They did give that back to me however, I paid for the trip in cash daily. They owed me money at the end of the cruise yet still billed my credit card for all the on board purchases. So...I paid twice. And our room, it did us a lot of good to book a window. We had to climb literally climb across the bed to open the curtains. I will not cruise with Carnival again, I will stick with Royal Caribbean. The accommodations are better, the food is better, the people are classier and I have never paid my bill off only to be charged again for it. I was very disappointed on this cruise. NOT A FAMILY ORIENTED SHIP!

Publication Date: 06/03/12