Carnival Dream Cruise Review by MissBoston

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Exceeded all of our expectations
I must admit I was skeptical about this cruise after reading the reviews, but thank goodness I didn't base my decision on everyone else's opinion. The Dream was WONDERFUL!

Embarkation at Port Canaveral is quick and efficient. Just wish port parking was a little more reasonable ($120 for the week).

We had a balcony cabin on the 9th floor. Spotlessly clean and Serafim, our cabin steward, was always, quietly, around if we needed anything. Our ice bucket was refilled twice a day. Cabin has a small fridge and an in room safe as well. Plenty of closet, and storage, space to unpack for the week. And loved the cozy terry robes. The room was very quiet, never heard any hallway noise or neighbor noise, and the balcony was a wonderful getaway for late afternoon sunning and cocktails.

Meals were great. We ate breakfast most mornings at the Lido buffet and never encountered any long lines. Had room service 2 mornings, and it arrived right on time and the food was warm.

I fell in love with the Tandori Grill at lunch time and couldn't tear myself away. My teenage son ate at the grill and the pizzeria and was always happy with his lunches. Again, lines were never present (we did eat after the noon hour, however) even though there were 4065 on board.

We dined each night in the Scarlet dining room, late seating, with great table mates and a fantastic waiter, Mark. He tended to our every want and need. The soups were delicious, especially the cold fruit soups, each entree arrived quickly, and we never left hungry. I like my steak very rare, and my wish was granted. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection! My son didn't bring his "formal" clothing for elegant nights, but we had no problem eating in the dining room with him in his jeans and collared shirt.

Complimentary apple, orange, and guava juice in the mornings and then lemonade and iced tea the rest of the day. Would bring guava nectar back to our cabin after breakfast to enjoy in the afternoon.

Ports were fantastic. We ventured out of the safety net of the Carnival villages at each port and had a great time. If you're looking for a little local bar to have lunch and a few local brews in Belize, I highly recommend the Tropical Bar, just outside the confines of the tender area. And in Costa Maya, my favorite port, we took a $4 taxi ride to the fishing village of Mahahual, a few miles south of the port in Costa Maya. Nice shopping, very few tourists, cheap beer (6 beers for $10), and a delightful lunch at Fernando's 100% Agave. Best fish tacos ever, although the service was very relaxed (slow!).

Took the Magical Flying Beach Chair in Roatan to Mahogany Beach for a quiet day of snorkeling, lounging in the sun, and swimming. Very nice beach area.

Found cheap internet cafes right outside the ports in both Cozumel and Costa Maya enabling my son to get his Facebook/internet fix. About $2/half hour, which sure was less expensive than the ship.

My son took advantage of the gym onboard and said it was virtually empty each time he was there. He also played basketball each afternoon. The games were always cut short as the court shut down at 5:30 p.m. due to it's location above the steak house.

We saw one show in the Encore Lounge, Dancing in the Streets, and it was very entertaining. The Fun Force breakdancers put on a lively show in the main atrium one evening. And we did get hooked on the Punchline Comedy Club. Saw 4 different comedians, all at the late adult show, and 3 out of the 4 were fabulous! Tony Esposito had us rolling! Must admit the Jeff the Fun Dude wasn't very entertaining, but fortunately his spiel was brief.

Spent at sea days on the back deck. Able to get a chair, but we did get out early. Never saw many people wandering and looking for chairs for long. They seemed to turn over pretty quickly. Took advantage of the salt water pool and the hot tub.

Seemed to be very few children on this sailing. Lines were non-existent and the ship never seemed crowded. Dreams employees constantly cleaning 24/7, thus the ship was spotless. And everyone was very friendly, always offering a good morning/evening and a smile.

Debark was as quick and painless and embarkation.

I have no qualms highly recommending the Western itinerary on the Dream. And I, personally, can't wait to sail on this beautiful ship again.

Publication Date: 06/02/12