Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by MiamiCruzr: Majesty OTS, Not too bad.

MiamiCruzr
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Majesty OTS, Not too bad.

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas

FIrst review here on this site, so here goes. Until now, I've been on the Allure twice and Liberty once. This was a different experience.

The boarding process was a bit more drawn out than it had to be, but overall took about 30-45 minutes from sidewalk to ship. It was kind of an organized chaos, and a lot of lines.

The ship is on the older side. Decor is very 60s, even though I understand there was a recent overhaul. Some of the carpet-upholstery combos were seizure-inducing. The boat is, of course, small, but it works for 3 days. There are 2 pools on the pool deck, a basketball court, table tennis, and a small rock climbing wall. There's a decent sized casino, and an area for teens. Our favorite bar was the Viking Crown because of the 360 degree view from deck 14. The schooner bar wasn't that nice.

The main promenade of the ship is the Centrum, a circular atrium of 3 or 4 decks, with stores, dining room and theater adjoining. The 70s party took place here. More It was a little on the cheesy side, but people were having fun.

We had a suite on deck 10, which was nice. It was our first time taking a suite, and I think that we're going to stick with them for the shorter cruises. The extra perks were definitely nice to have- a personal pagable room steward, priority tendering, and optional cabanas to rent on Coco-Cay (definitely go for it if you can). You can also pretty much order anything on the ship delivered to the suite at any time, and breakfast room service includes a full menu, not the basic list of eggs and sausage.

Coco Cay was beautiful. My basis of comparison is Labadee, RC's other privately owned property, and Coco Cay was a much nicer experience, despite having to tender. The beaches were stunning, and I'm really not a beach person. There seemed to be plenty of space for everyone to spread out.

We went to the Aquaventure on Nassau. We had a great time, but I'll admit that it was on the expensive side. I think we paid $129 per day pass. We definitely had fun on the tube rapids ride. But that's pretty much all we did. We ate at the Sharkbite something-or-other restaurant next to the rapids, and the food was decent albeit expensive. Don't miss the shops in the main lobby of the hotel, and the main street adjacent to the pier.

The main dining room was decent. Jonny Rockets is everyone's guilty pleasure. The smoke house burger rocks.

I definitely recommend walking off the ship as early as possible. Carry your bags. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Grand Suite Deck 10 1034

Decent space. Decent view, but the deck above extends beyond the balcony, so there's no upward view. Furniture needs to be replaced, as is kind of old. There's a bar, and daily snacks provided. Bed is pretty firm, so you need to be into that. The room isn't silent- the Windjammer is directly above. You hear some banging in the late afternoon, but it's quiet at night. The stateroom attendants are excellent.