Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Bassman232001

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Bassman232001
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: Bassman232001
Cruise Date: May 2012
Cabin Category: L

Our Cruise part 1
This is a quick review of the first leg of our cruise. We chose back to back cruises as it is a long way to go from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We started out doing the western cruise. Embarkation was slightly delayed due to Coast Guard but was very quick and smooth. A quick bite at Central Park Cafe and into our rooms by 1:30. Went to the pre muster CC meet at the Wipeout Bar all in our "I'm on a Boat" T Shirts. Muster drill went well but the ship was getting ready to leave just as the muster drill was over so a quick dash on to deck five to watch sail away and we were off. We had the CC Meet and Mingle on day 2 at the Comedy Club, I really wish I had have spent more time on this board getting to know these great people better before the cruise.

We were in a large inside stateroom (10427) the chesterfield folded out at night for our daughter, walking by this at night was a bit tight but not to bad. Flat screen TV could be moved to an angle all could see it if necessary, and provided us with info on what is happening on the ship as well as shows and tours we had booked. You could also book shows there if they were not sold out.

Each day we ate breakfast at Windjammers, seating there is at a premium but one of the attendants would usually have a table for the 3 of us within a minute or so, there was always a good choice of foods to pick from and I made sure I got my fresh pineapple each morning. We usually would eat at the 6.00 PM seating in the Adagio Dining Room for dinner each night, great food and service there. They changed our table to a balcony table after the first night which was much better than being against a wall. We did not go there for any of the formal nights, choosing windjammers or Johnny Rockets instead. We went to the party at Rita's Cantena and had a great time, food and drink there was both good.

Really enjoyed Labadee, my daughter went on the zip line there along with a friend from Ontario, both seemed to really enjoy this. The three of us went on the Dragons Tail Coaster as well, what a blast! Had lunch there and walked around till it was time to go aboard again, really enjoyed the day as it was hassle free go at your own pace. My favourite port of this trip by far.

Went on the Dunns River Falls tour in Falmouth, roads and driving there is an experience like I have never seen before, but interesting to say the least. I enjoyed the tour overall, but not getting railroaded into the maze of vendors at the end of the falls section.

Cozumel the girls went shopping, and we stopped at Senior frog's for a drink before retreating to the ship.

During the first week we went to see Chicago, Oceanaria, and Blue Planet, I really enjoyed each of the shows. Using the elevators after one of these shows was next to impossible so we would take a variety of halls and stairwells to get to a less crowded part of the ship. The art work in this ship was amazing. The various parades around the ship were fun to attend as well as turning into a kid again and getting my picture take with Shrek. We spent many an hour playing Scrabble behind the Wipe Out Cafe or in the Solarium, very relaxing. We also spent some time watching people on the Flow Rider, amazing to see them at the beginning of the week struggling to stay on the board, and by the end of the week doing tricks the Flow Rider Staff had taught them during the week. My daughter also went on the zip line on the ship.

I don't think I felt the ship rock at all the first week we were out, I found the staff overall to be great, greeting you by name many times. For a ship that had that many passengers you did not feel over crowded unless it was the first few minutes after a show let out.

The only real negative on the trip was the Photo Shop Experience, we had picture taken the first leg of our trip but did not want prints of these at $20 each. So we asked if we could keep them over for the next leg of the trip as we were in the same room number. We were told NO, this could not be done but if we wanted to keep the prints in our assigned folder we could. We noted that you could get a Photo book done for $129.00 and that all of the 15 pictures would be in that, so we went ahead and ordered the book, at which time the attendant stated we could get the photo book in the next leg and have up to 34 pictures put into it, This sounded like a good deal for the next leg, so we kept it in mind.

To be continued on the Eastern Review