Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by chipt825: Oasis Of The Seas May 12-19

0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Oasis Of The Seas May 12-19

Sail Date: May 2012

Having done many cruises, I must say this ship far exceeded my expectations. I'm also glad I waited for the prices to come down.

I have sailed on many different ships including RCCL Navigator of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas. This ship is truly spectacular.

I met several people on board that said this was their first cruise. My only comment is where do you go from here?

The food onboard was excellent in all dining venues. We never felt crowded even with 6200 passengers on board.

The Windjammer has been totally rearranged on this ship to serving stations vs the cafeteria style lineup with trays. The servings stations are like islands so you can browse from station to station for salads, desserts, breads, asian, cold cuts, etc. etc (and there are lots of etc's)

We tried two specialty restaurants-- Jiovani's table (Italian family Style) and The Solarium (light but excellent fare).

The only negative I have (consider this a More recommendation) is that you need reservations for almost all entertainment venues. Make sure you make those early (and I mean early) or you will probably still be accommodated, however, not with the showtimes that you want. Bottom line, you will love this ship.

Since we went on the Western Caribbean route, we personally did not spend a lot of time off the ship.. Ports (labadee, Haiti - needs work, nice beach), Portsmouth, Jamaica - all shopping - needs more) and Cozumel, MX - basically your dumped off in a junkatorium, need to take a cab to real shopping), Carnivals self enclosed area is 100% better.

This cruise is about the ship and not the ports! Less

Published 06/01/12

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X