Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by daredaigo

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Alaska adventure
I have taken at least 12 cruise from most of the different lines but I this is my first from Princess. We did a 7 day cruise and a 4 day land package. The ship was been remodeled but is an older ship. It was one of the harder ships to navigate, many common areas had a hall on one side or the other not both and we hit many dead ends and steps. The activities were what you expect on a cruise and offered enough variety that you should be able to keep yourself entertained on board. The music in the bars were excellent (especially a band named Indigo) The shows however were not IMO below par except the comedian and ventriloquist) The food was also very disappointing.

The rooms were larger than expected and very comfortable The buffet is half the size of what I've come to expect and the dining room was sometimes a struggle to find something I might want. The land tour is OK, we had to switch cars because we wewe riding the train backwards and I get motion sickness so they kindly switched us to another car but they held up letting our car out so we almost missed our bus to take us to the lodge. We had to run to catch it. I kept telling the train girl that was blocking the door that I needed to yell to our bus driver to wait for us but she wouldn't listen. I later learned some people did miss their train due to the fact that the disembark info told us to meet at 630am and they had already departed to the train before 630 so the people we're waiting for an announcement that never came even though they we're there at 630. So make sure your at the right place before it tells you to be there. It is a great way to see as much of such a vast place as Alaska. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much we actually got to see on a cruise format. I will give Princess another try because they did a good job with friendliness and other aspects. Hope this was helpful.

Publication Date: 05/29/12