Dawn Princess Cruise Review by timnetau: Hawaii Tahiti and Pacific Islands

Hawaii Tahiti and Pacific Islands

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

This was my fifth cruise with Princess and this is my first review. I always read reviews on cruise critic and trip advisor and find them helpful in choosing the perfect vacation.

Once again Princess delivered. The cruise ran like clock work arriving and leaving all our ports of call on time.

The food was wonderful and I wanted to mention the room service food which always arrived promptly and piping hot.

Our cabin steward was the best everything done perfectly and nothing to much trouble.

All of the crew we wonderful they make your cruise.

The ports of call we great especially for water lovers like ourselves the snorkeling was perfect.

I wanted to mention the shore excursions. I know alot off people find them to expensive. I think Princess offer some great excursions and the shore excursion staff do a wonderful job.

We do some excursions and also do our own thing. Princess have a port lecturer on board, he gives great info on More each of the ports helping you decide whether to choose an excursion or do your own thing.

Below are my favorite shore excursions from this cruise.

Volcanoes National Park, Hilo Coffee and Winery Hilo.

Hawaiian Culinary Home Tour Kona.

Moorea's Lagoon and Coral Motu Snorkel Moorea.

My favorite port was Moorea, with it's natural beauty and blue blue water.

There is one thing that maybe Princess could do better in the future and that is the face to face immigration check in Hawaii. The lines were far to long and not enough senior staff looking after the situation. I have noticed that next years first port in Hawaii is Honolulu this may help speed it up.

Another small thing the mattresses are very hard and lumpy.

Thankyou Princess for another great cruise. Less

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X