Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by *LuvCruzin*: Wow.....

*LuvCruzin*
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Wow.....

Sail Date: May 2012

We got back a week ago today, it seems like a dream....
We arrived in Miami two days before our cruise, with two of our boys. Stayed at the the Crowne Plaza on Hallandale beach. Went to Sawgrass Mills for shopping and went downtown for some fun.On Saturday May 12, we embarked on Oasis of the seas, first thing I noticed, how organized everything was, it took maybe 20 minutes and we were on the ship.At first it was overwhelming, I felt like I was in a mall, all the people, the restaurants,and the shops.
We headed straight for the adventure ocean kids club to register the boys, this was our second cruise, we cruised on the Ruby Princess last year and my kids loved the kids program there. After that we just walked around the ship and were amazed by everything. We had dinner at 6pm every evening, with our wonderful waiters Vien and Mafildo (both from India), Our head waiter Roscoe did everything to make sure our food was perfect at all times, and it was delicious every evening.I More had read some negative reviews about the food in the main dining room before leaving, so I was a nervous, but happy in the end.My kids are picky eaters, and even they were pleased. We ate at all the complimentary places and the food was great, even the windjammer.so I didn't see what the fuss was about with the bad food.
My kids loved the waterpark and pool, and the ice cream across the pool.My husband and I went to three shows, Hairspray, Oasis of dreams and Come fly with me, All were good. We did the rock climbing, it was exhausting but fun.We loved the sales they would have in the royal promenade on deck 5,picked up some great gifts.
My favourite place on the whole ship was central park, I looked for every excuse to go there, we actually stayed on deck 8, so it was easy to walk out of our cabin and just sit there, the salads and soups were amazing at the park cafe.I also wanted to mention the kids club and the excellent staff, my son is mildly autistic, and they went out of there way to take care of him.
the ports we stopped at were Labadee- beautiful beach and very lush surroundings, but stay away from the artisians village, they'll annoy you and harass you. Falmouth- we just did some shopping here, had some pina colada,and we crossed the fenced area, which was a total waste of time, there was nothing there but people harassing us for tours.And last stop was Cozumel- we took a taxi downtown, did some shopping at the flea market, had some fresh guacamole and chips and did a lot of walking.The last day on the ship they did a farewell party which we all enjoyed. Overall we had a blast, I can't really think of anything negative to say, maybe just avoid room service because they take an hour to deliver your food.I know there's a lot I'm forgetting, but one thing is for sure, I can't wait to back.... Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 6 8431

Location was fine, room was small.