Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by hypercafe: 5 Day Bermuda Trip

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

5 Day Bermuda Trip

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Embarkation was OK. Cape liberty is only 15 min. from my house so that's a real plus. The downside of the place is both you and your luggage have to be bussed to the ship which is a real pain and adds time to the whole process. Also the 20 dollars a day to park is a rip off as this is a old shipyard with lots and lots of empty space.

Ship is in good shape, very clean and easy to get around on. We had a ocean view cabin which was small and basic but worked well for this trip. It could use a little upgrading as the furniture was well used and it still had a tube TV. Storage was OK for a 5 day trip. I was surprised when I asked the front desk for a shower cap for my wife and was told my class cabin didn't get them however they did me a favor and sent one. Very Tacky!!

Service was very good in most places. Cabin was great, dinning room and lido were OK but I felt dinning room was slow because of kitchen and waiters were trying too hard to make up for it, got overbearing. More The bar service was slow all around. My first cruise I had a hard time getting a drink.

Food, There was lots of it but I felt the quality of it was poor, especially the beef. The lido is small for a ship this size so it was a madhouse most of the time. Had the same breakfast for 5 days with some different dishes for lunch and dinner. Just average buffet food. MDR was not that good. Quality and presentation of food was poor. One dish that made me laugh was "Broiled Jumbo Tiger Shrimp" This was 6 small shrimps butterfly-ed with shell on and broiled with bread crumbs, when it came to the table it looked like a joke. Steaks were very poor. This is not a ship for foodies.

Shows were very good, they still have a show band which is great as some lines have cut them and gone to canned music. Ice show is great. The stuff they do on the promenade was also great.

Over all this was a good trip. If you take this trip you will have fun and I would do it again for the right price. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>