Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by cfcsarg: Enchantment 2nd time around

Enchantment 2nd time around

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

Just got home from 8 day cruise to Bermuda , Boston, and New Port RI.Having recently sailed in February on this ship I knew a few things to expect upon arriving.The port is the easiest to get in and out of any port RCCL sails out of. The staff at Baltimore are just exceptionally friendly and helpful. There were 10 if us traveling together , one having to rely on a walker to get around. The port and ship staff were very helpful getting her on and off the ship which was a great relief to us all.Upon getting our sea passes I checked our dining table numbers and found two of our group had a different number. This required a trip to the dining room to get a table for all 10 of us. The Head waiter was very apologetic and quickly assured me our table would be set up for all 10 together. Upon arriving for dinner it was very convenient to the entrance which was a great benefit to the guest with walker and it was arranged where all 10 of us were comfortably seated together. The waiter and More assistant waiter couldn't have been better. Their service was outstanding and they caught on real quick that we enjoyed a good laugh together.As for the food the major two complaints was the tough steaks which even the waiter commented he would not recommend them. Also it was impossible to get hot, soft rolls so if you don't like cold and hard bread you will be disappointed. Also because of the cost factor associated with a shortage there is still no escargot. RCCL chef's are experimenting with replacements but still fall way way short.I sat quit buying tough steaks that no one wants to eat and splurge on the escargot!

Having sailed in February I was pleased to see several of the staff recognize my wife and I and welcomed us back on board.The service in the Windjammer was exceptional with someone coming around and asking if we needed anything to drink which is something I am seeing slip away from the bigger ships.Believe you me we do take notice especially since cruise 7 or 8 times a year.

The photo staff were very friendly but we only found one location that was willing to take a group photo of all 10 of us. We would have preferred a variety of backdrops to pick from. If they can get all ten of us in the dining room around our table they certainly shouldn't have any problem out in the open!

Several of our group played bingo and were very upset because of the amount charged for the cards and machines verses what they paid out. Seems like RCCL bingo staff is getting very greedy! After the first day of playing the number of people really dropped off because of the amount it cost to play. Could it be they are cutting off their nose to spite their face?

Having several people who wanted the early dining in our group we were thrown into the crowd looking for seats in the theatre. This problem definitely needs addressing. All the explanation I could get from the cruise director is yes there is more people choosing the first seating in dining than the theatre will accommodate. He didn't have to tell me that I already knew it.If you choose the late seating you certainly won't have a problem finding a seat !
That brings me to the entertainment. The production shows were great and one of the jugglers was great also . Two other nights the entertainment was comedians that have very little consideration for Christians or children in the audience. If they want to use foul language with adult gestures then save it for the late night comedy not for the main show. I feel RCCL has definitely dropped the ball in the quality of entertainment in the theatres from what was shown in years past. Guess they are saving money though???

Our cabin attendant was great along with the accommodations other than wondering if the commode was going to flush now or maybe later. Our last night on board was spent getting a wake up call at 12 midnight verses 06:30 Am as programmed on phone . I heard several other guest say they got a midnight call also.After the phone call I laid awake listening to strange weird noises from the plumbing that hopefully will be addressed because I certainly wouldn't want to listen to that all night again.( Probably wouldn't have heard if hadn't gotten woke up in the first place)

All in all it was a nice cruise and the other guest enjoyed it as well. I am looking forward seeing the upgrades made when she is in dry dock in November because my wife and I will be back on board next February. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2

Great port to go in and out of. Only wish the bridges were high enough to accommodate the larger newer ships.It's a treat sailing down the Chesapeake Bay nine hours before and after coming back in from the open sea.

Boston by Land & Sea

(5)
Went just south of pier and got a tour on a double decker bus that gave us a narrated tour of downtown Boston and Cambridge. Also included was the Duck tour in the harbour. The only thing that could have made it better was the weather . It rained all day and couldn't get a decent picture unless you raised the flaps over the window. After the duck ride a different bus driver picked us up and narrated the remainder of the tour. He was a native of Boston in his late 50's and constantly gave us facts about each location and buildings.How he remember all the dates and names was beyond me. He was great !

Duck Tour

First time on a duck tour. Wonderful and different!

City Tour

(5)
Awed by all the different mansions in one location. Driver was very informative, courteous, and polite. Since we were the last tour of the day he even gave some of the elderly a ride to the tender dock for free.