Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by lewimich1: Inconsistent and Underwhelming

Inconsistent and Underwhelming

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Istanbul

Having seen the reviews, read the brochures and travelled A LOT, my husband and I expected a little more from this cruise. It reminded us of Holland America--a lot of hype and some substance to back it up, but not all that it was supposed to be.

*ports of call--Ephesus with an expert excursion--worth every penny--one of the most memorable places I will ever visit (my only remaining ancient wonder of the world is Babylon)
*transfers--extremely smooth, professional and well done
*dining--90% of the time: outstanding
*staffing--90% of the time: outstanding
*free excursions--wonderful perk to booking this cruise, though we only did two
*stateroom--large enough for 2 and plenty of storage. The walk in closet was great
*spa--one of the best stone massages ever and they didn't try to sell us stuff

*bartending: no Martini olives and no bartenders who could make "pool" drinks. My rum runner was brown.....
*staffing--the other More 10% of the not so friendly staff did not endear us to this cruise line
*value--the complimentary beverages, tipping and excellent house wines don't make it worth the price that we paid.

Final Comments:
Were Windstar to go all inclusive we would never look back and are thinking that even with a bar bill at the end, Windstar and the Paul Gaughin (which is all inclusive) are the best cruiselines we have travelled with. We have not travelled with Crystal nor Seabourn, so they might live up to their reputations, but we do not feel that Regent is worth the price paid. Less

Published 05/26/12

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X