Golden Princess Cruise Review by Giuseppe Evangelista

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Golden Princess Cruise Review by Giuseppe Evangelista
Golden Princess
Golden Princess
Member Name: Giuseppe Evangelista
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Golden Princess to Hawaii 25 Apil 2012
Cruise to Hawaii 25th of April 2012

Having been on many cruises with my wife, for many years and with many different cruise ship companies, I must write to let you know that our cruise experience with Golden Princess has been the worst.

Starting with our stateroom attendant. On every other cruise that we have been on, the stateroom attendant has made a decorative arrangement with our nightwear. This attendant only did it for two days, and then for the remaining days he just shoved them under our pillows. We used the bottled water from the fridge and this was not replaced until we had to ask for it.

The food lacked imagination, and there was a very poor choice. It is the first time that the rind from the melon and pineapple had not been removed, which is a basic requirement. One day we decided to have a champagne breakfast, and, to my horror, there was a dead fly on my cooked tomato, I reported this and the plate with the fly on was promptly collected. I was told that this matter would be reported to the supervisor and I would hear from him, well I am still waiting, maybe he does not realise the cruise has ended!!

The entertainment on deck was of a poor quality and very repetitive, the theatre entertainment was very boring and had no variety to it, and to my surprise for the first time, in all my other cruise experiences there was no midnight feast on deck.

The piazza was like a casino, the majority of tables where occupied by 'gold card customers', proudly displaying their 'gold card playing cards', for most of the day, and on every occasion when I wanted to have a drink, I had to sit on the flower display wall.

The pool areas, well I've heard of the 'Germans getting up early to claim their deck chairs' but this was worse, by 9.30am all the deck chairs had towels on them and they were not occupied until after lunchtime. I feel that the deck attendant should have removed the towels from the unoccupied chairs. But he didn't, leaving us with nowhere to sit.

On the last day of our cruise, half of the pool deck was closed and transformed into a building site, when we made enquires we where told that because the ship was going to dry dock, preparation work had started, so the final part of our holiday was spent on a building site.

The only good comment that I have, is for the two waiters that served us on the second sitting at table number 227, they where first class and they made us feel as we have always been made to feel on other cruises and not on the Golden Princess

Considering the amount of money that we paid for our holiday cruise with Golden Princess, I feel I have paid a lot of money for a substandard cruise. I am sorry to say that our cruise experience with Golden Cruise has been appalling.

Publication Date: 05/26/12