“Disney Fantasy - stateroom 8590”
Cruise review of Disney Fantasy

wheeler62 Disney Fantasy 5 Disney Fantasy - stateroom 8590
wheeler62
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Our extended family of 10 recently enjoyed a Western Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy! We embarked from Port Canaveral; which was a breeze. I could hardly believe how easy the check in process was. To accommodate 6 adults and 4 children, we booked 3 family staterooms with verandas (cat 4B). I am a wheelchair user and my stateroom (8590) was exceptionally accessible in all regards from the auto-opening door to the huge bathroom. Upon our request, Disney staff opened the doors between our 3 verandas which made it feel like we had adjoining suites. We loved our accessible stateroom as it was very roomy and comfortable and made a great place for the family to gather. I would definitely book this stateroom again. The ship is beautiful and was very accessible for me to wonder around. Our 4 grandchildren, ages 3,6,7 & 8 seemed to always have something to do on the ship. Besides the pools, aqua duck, and play areas; they especially enjoyed the musical productions in the Disney theatre. We have only been on one other cruise, but the service on the Fantasy exceeded our expectations. The quality of the food was also very good and we liked that the portions were not overly large. We really like the rotational dining and thought it a nice touch that soft drinks for our grandchildren were waiting for them when they arrived at the table for dinner each night. This was our first Disney cruise, but won't be our last.
Disney Fantasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

4B8590
Cabin 8590 - Cat 4B - Accessible Family Ocean View with Veranda. This cabin is mid ship on deck 8. Very close to elevators. Cabin was huge, probably about 400 sq ft. and very comfortable. Closet space is plentiful and there is very ample room to maneuver a wheelchair. I appreciated the automatic door opener. Bathroom was also quite large and very well appointed Wonderful shower. I would book this cabin again in a minute.
Published 05/26/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Fantasy Review
Disney Fantasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?