Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by wheeler62: Disney Fantasy - stateroom 8590

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Disney Fantasy - stateroom 8590

Sail Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Our extended family of 10 recently enjoyed a Western Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy! We embarked from Port Canaveral; which was a breeze. I could hardly believe how easy the check in process was.

To accommodate 6 adults and 4 children, we booked 3 family staterooms with verandas (cat 4B). I am a wheelchair user and my stateroom (8590) was exceptionally accessible in all regards from the auto-opening door to the huge bathroom. Upon our request, Disney staff opened the doors between our 3 verandas which made it feel like we had adjoining suites. We loved our accessible stateroom as it was very roomy and comfortable and made a great place for the family to gather. I would definitely book this stateroom again.

The ship is beautiful and was very accessible for me to wonder around. Our 4 grandchildren, ages 3,6,7 & 8 seemed to always have something to do on the ship. Besides the pools, aqua duck, and play areas; they especially enjoyed the musical More productions in the Disney theatre.

We have only been on one other cruise, but the service on the Fantasy exceeded our expectations. The quality of the food was also very good and we liked that the portions were not overly large. We really like the rotational dining and thought it a nice touch that soft drinks for our grandchildren were waiting for them when they arrived at the table for dinner each night.

This was our first Disney cruise, but won't be our last. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Fantasy 8590

Cabin 8590 - Cat 4B - Accessible Family Ocean View with Veranda. This cabin is mid ship on deck 8. Very close to elevators. Cabin was huge, probably about 400 sq ft. and very comfortable. Closet space is plentiful and there is very ample room to maneuver a wheelchair. I appreciated the automatic door opener. Bathroom was also quite large and very well appointed Wonderful shower. I would book this cabin again in a minute.