Carnival Freedom 4

Cruise review of Carnival Freedom

NanaJag3
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

If you have self-control issues and really like people - Stop. Take a deep breath and practice with me. "No Thank You." Did you do it?

My plan for next time - yes I'll be going again - is to pre-book everything. I will not take debit or credit cards. Gasp! Now come on - this is fun.

Deposit cash in your onboard account. If you have your excursions and photos pre-paid - you can relax and not freak out when the credit card bill shows up.

I know the excursions are expensive. I also know if I had been on a different excursion Carnival would have left us in Jamaica. (There were 39 of us and it wasn't my fault!)

What will I do? In the absence of my best friend and her pointed looks... I will pre-book everything.

Pre-book excursions weeks before the trip. The prices go up.

I cannot tell you how AWESOME the horseback riding trip / Dunn's River Falls excursion is. Please - Please!!!! pre-book the sweedish massage for your legs the same More day or you won't walk right for the rest of the cruise!!!

Pre-purchase photo-credits. The quality of these pictures with the different backgrounds are beautiful and a great reminder of the trip!

The day of the cruise and throughout you will have opportunities for special spas. I got a $286 treatment for $139. Having the kids get a spa gift certificate you're set!!

Best of all, if you want to get souvenirs for family and friends - MAKE A LIST! Write the names down and cross them off when you get the item. A little goes a long way! Even if they weren't with you, you thought of them and THAT is important.

Be impressed with the service, the smiles and relax. Standing in lines is normal and it's another opportunity to meet someone super cool. I know I did!!! Less

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

2314
Perfect location - great for the 4 of us girls. Bigger than you'd think! TV is almost impossible to see on the bottom bunk with the top bed down but who needs that?!

You don't get a lot of time, but really you don't need it. There is a post office, a few shops and black mean looking rocks... Pass
Read 53 Hell Reviews

Semi Submarine Tour
If you have not gone yet - you must go. The 'wrecks' are interesting. The guide has the most amazing voice - he sounds like one of the pirates that sailed on those long lost ships! It's worth the money - AMAZING views of lots of colorful fish.

Turtle Farm
If you love little to big sea turtles this is a great trip. Once I saw them, and the other critters...well. There wasn't much else to do. I support the work they do and really enjoyed the trip. Been there, done that - NEXT.

Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
Ok, I like butterflies. Next time I'll pass.

City Trolley / Conch Train Tour
It was a nice trip. It was also the first time I'd been to Key West in - ok, a long time. Sorry, but I want something else from a cruise to the Carribean.

Horseback Riding
I don't care how many times I go to Jamaica - I would ride horseback along the coast again and again. I would probably not climb the falls again on the same day (OUCH!) but I would take this excursion again! Lunch was jerk chicken at a local and beautiful restaurant. I'm in love and I will be going again and again! (It's a nice treat to be called 'princess' too!)

Horseback Riding

Published 05/26/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?