Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Prankprincess

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Prankprincess
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: Prankprincess
Cruise Date: April 2012
Cabin Category: S1
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Even better than expected
This was my boyfriend's first cruise, and my first one in over 15 years. My brother used to work for the big red boat, so I got to go on a lot of cruises back then. He was really excited to go on a cruise, consulted with a travel agent and booked us a sky suite on the Celebrity Solstice. I was a little disappointed as I was hoping for the Oasis of the seas or the Allure. His travel agent said if we weren't going to do the zip line, surf pool activities and see a lot of kids- that the Celebrity wa sless expensive with better food and a more upscale crowd. To me, that meant old people!!

I have to say that this was the best cruise experience I ever had. From the moment we boarded until the moment we disembarked I have not a single complaint. Every single crew member was so nice and friendly, always smiling and happy. The bartenders in the molecular bar seemed truly happy to be doing what they are doing. And those drink concoctions are amazing. Do they take a little longer to make than ordering a beer at the pool bar? Absolutely, but well worth the wait. Fresh ingredients served with a smile. The Black Mambo was our favorite, but I think we tried just about every one on the menu. (YES, we opted for the Premium bar package). Every night before dinner we would stop in and have a pred dinner cocktail. I think a lot of the passengers did not find this bar until the end of the trip or not at all. I read about it on Cruise critic.

We arrived to Port Everglades around 10:30 or 11 am and there was barely any waiting at all. They boarded the suites first so we were some of the first on board and we went directly to the top/lawn deck for a cocktail. It is so beautiful up on this deck with the grass. Although we never played golf, or Bocce ball or saw the glass blowing show. They serve a nice Sauvignon blanc on the ship. After this we made it our mission to explore all around the ship and there is a LOT to see.

We went to Murano's the first night for dinner, but the rest of the time we ate dinner in the dining room. The food is delicious and we had so much fun with our tablemates that we kept on coming back. The crowd is a little older, but all young at heart and definitely not the bingo playing, blue hair crowd I was afraid of. I would say 50's and 60's, but also younger. Nice mix of people on board. Never any wait for anything. Our waiter in the dining room was fantastic and the Sommelier as well. I had read a review from someone with the drink package that they would not bring you another glass of wine until you finished the one you had. NOT TRUE! She was so attentive and glass ws refilled before I asked every time.

Our suite was amazing as well as our cabin steward. We had a big private balcony, spacious room, beautiful bathroom, and a big porthole window. The bed was so comfortable. Our cabin steward kept our place so clean and every day left us fruit , little hors d'oeuvres, etc... I can't remember what our suite number was but it was on the aft deck , sky suite and it was incredible.

Sorry to be jumping around so much, but there is so much to say about so many different things.

The adult pool solarium is so relaxing as is the aqua spa cafe. Th main pool is fun too. it has a completely different atmosphere but it's fun too. It is true that it's tough to find a chair there at times, but it was not a big deal. So may other places to go.

We never ate lunch in the dining room, only at the Oceanview terrace buffet.

There is a LOT of choices- this is where we had breakfast every day too. Omelettes made to order, 4 kinds of eggs benedict, bagels with salmon and cream cheese, fresh fruit, french toast, etc... That was just to name a few.

We did not really see any of the shows as we can't sit still for that long.

I did spend $40 on the slot machines and I won $600 in about ten minutes so that was pretty fun.

In San Juan it was raining and crappy so we got on a $20 bus tour which was awful. I wish we would have just wandered around ourselves!

St. Thomas we opted to go get on the Red Hook Ferry to St. John which was a fantastic day. When we got there we took a taxi to Trunk beach which is beautiful and relaxing. Then we took a taxi back to where the ferry was and had a delicious lunch and some bushwackers- delicious, strong frozen drinks.

St. Maarten we took a cab to the sunset bar/beach where we rented chairs and watched the planes fly right over us to land.

Back to the ship. There is a disco or 2 and they have karaoke and entertainment is going on all over the place.

There is always something to do. I feel like I should go back to do the stuff i missed like the wine & cheese party under the stars.On blankets.

The ship is beautiful , food delicious and staff always smiling. I would go back in a heart beat. Writing this review is really making me miss the trip!

Th martini bar is great too!

Publication Date: 05/24/12