Ventura Cruise Review by Marlene Gardner: Three sisters

Three sisters

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Southampton

just got back from the Norwegian Fjiord cruise. This was my second cruise in the company of my two sisters one of whom is severely disabled and confined to a wheelchair. The cabin was a balcony suite with disabled facilities which were ideal for our needs. The Butler Dheeraj and our cabin steward Surrendra were fantastic and could not do enough to meet our needs. Surrendra especially went over and above his duties to ensure our comfort.

All the waiting staff whether in the waterside,other restaurants, bars etc were friendly and helpful, I cannot understand those who complain that they are surly and unfriendly, perhaps they respond to being treated as equals and not as servants, as we found them all to be friendly if addressed in the proper manner.

The food was as usual superb, in all the dining experiences.

The fjiords were picturesque but mostly the waterfalls were still frozen so we did not quite see the at their best.Also it was very cold when off the ship. More

I have always wanted to see the fjiords from my schooldays, now i have but i must say i prefer the sun.

The entertainment was very good. The Headliners put on a great show.The comediens were good, The Freddie Mercury tribute was good as well as hilarious
and guest speaker Sue Holderness from "Only Fools and Horses" was excellent

Only one complaint,our luggage should have been in the priority disembarkation area, it was'nt and it took 30 minutes to find it in a vast hall full of suitcases, not easy. Less

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>