“Camp or Vacation”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I felt like were we kids back at summer camp....this is not a compliment. Having the cruise director wake you up in the morning or interrupt your movie or conversation to tell you something that was already announced and clearly written in the day's schedule is beyond annoying. It was incredibly rude. Along with feeling like a child at summer camp was the "entertainment" at dinner. Asking grown adults to participate in child like play like waving our napkins did not appeal to me. Furthermore, singing a corny song about how sad the staff was to see us go added to these summer camp feelings. My husband and I will not take another cruise in the near future, but perhaps in 10 years when my child is old enough, I might see if I can send him to "camp." Lastly, I want to point out that much of the staff especially room service tried way to hard to be nice and it just came off as disingenuous. We cringed every time we walked past our room steward knowing he could automatically put on the most cheesy smile, acknowledge us by name, and act like the sun shown out of our asses...beyond annoying when all you want to do is pass the hall. I'm not a child, I don't need that kind of attention.
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Upper/Lower

1A2220
Not noisy, decently large space, nice to have the port windows, a tile fell off on the floor of the shower, bathroom is a bit worn,
Published 05/27/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?